Jayballz (Bohall) bag build @ The Dropzone.

a gusset setup would be nice, or better yet, drill the frame, then have the sleeve tapped and plug weld it to the inside side of the frame, then grind it smooth then weld the outside like you did, leaves a lot more material

I see I see.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Ashburn ok. I wasn't quite understanding you but I get what you are saying. So, like put a nut on the inside rail? That would make may bolt reaallllyy long like. 7"

i would helicoil the bushing but yea if u tried to go all the way through you would need a super long bolt

i would helicoil the bushing but yea if u tried to go all the way through you would need a super long bolt

Im gonna go home and sit and stare at it. Thats what I usually do.

why the hell would you helicoil it? you tap it before you put it in and your good to go.

basically the material you used for the spacer, make it longer, whatever it takes to go through the frame. then tap it all the way down.

now drill a hole though the frame weld it where you currently did, then weld the backside, now take a plug or whever you choose, weld over the hold in the backside, filling it, then sand it smooth.

Now you have the whole tube to keep it stronger and from twisting and ripping. and you dont need a long bolt because you only need to go through the shock and into the threaded section some, not all the way though since the threaded section will keep the strength

heres a little sketch

IMAG0195_zpsynp0tbqf.jpg

why the hell would you helicoil it? you tap it before you put it in and your good to go.

basically the material you used for the spacer, make it longer, whatever it takes to go through the frame. then tap it all the way down.

now drill a hole though the frame weld it where you currently did, then weld the backside, now take a plug or whever you choose, weld over the hold in the backside, filling it, then sand it smooth.

Now you have the whole tube to keep it stronger and from twisting and ripping. and you dont need a long bolt because you only need to go through the shock and into the threaded section some, not all the way though since the threaded section will keep the strength

heres a little sketch

IMAG0195_zpsynp0tbqf.jpg
because the material he used for the spacer that your suggesting he use again has a fucking 1/2" bore and therefore cant be tapped for 1/2" thread, and either way it goes hes got a spacer/bushing at least 2" leave the 1" closest to the shock as a bearing surface to absorb the load instead of putting all on the fucking threads.

Couldnt I just run a bigger tap and use a bigger bolt?

Couldnt I just run a bigger tap and use a bigger bolt?

easiest thing for you to do is put use the same bushing and put a helicoil or keensert in the frame end, the other option would be to get a smaller bushing, put it in a lathe reem one side to ~.505 and tap the other side to what ever your bolt is

Pretty sure this is what im gonna do for bag mount.
uvu2edyr.jpg
6ybe3avy.jpg

Those are just magnets little homie. Helps hold it all where I want it till its welded

Oh really? Can you elaborate a little bit? Post pics? Like how does it twist and stuff? Is there a way to reinforce it?