Jayballz (Bohall) bag build @ The Dropzone.

Cause.the whole.point.was to hide nuts and all that. Keep it clean.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Cause.the whole.point.was to hide nuts and all that. Keep it clean.

then redo it and use a smaller bushing you can tap dont rely on a 3/16" thick tap frame to hold in a 1/2" bolt, shit idk how you even tapped the frame to 1/2" thread after drilling a 1/2" hole in it

They didn't have any other bushings. This was all they had. The hole isn't actually 1/2" cause its the bit that came with the tap. And the threaded part is fine. Its not.like its supporting all the force. The bushing is.

then redo it and use a smaller bushing you can tap dont rely on a 3/16" thick tap frame to hold in a 1/2" bolt, shit idk how you even tapped the frame to 1/2" thread after drilling a 1/2" hole in it

Meant to quote you in that

They didn't have any other bushings. This was all they had. The hole isn't actually 1/2" cause its the bit that came with the tap. And the threaded part is fine. Its not.like its supporting all the force. The bushing is.

:facepalm: in a perfect world those threads would last forever, this is the real world and you have that bolt in single shear, them thread gone rip out.

www.mcmaster.com/#90296a143

Last edited:
Well i honestly dont think it will. The bolt is such an exact fit in the bushing that ALL the bolt is holding is to the side of the frame. Tje compression and extension is supported by the 1/2" bolt that is being firmly hugged by 1/4" wall 2" long bushing.

If I can find a bigger tap ill tap the whole bushing

hopefully those shocks are soft other wise i can see it eventually ripping off, its like a soda can tab, back and forth enough times, and snap

Ill look at what I can do. But tje bolt itself doesn't budge. Like at all. And the bushing is welded so... like I said if I can find the stuff I need ill redo it. Otherwise I honestly dont feel bad about this setup. Its a pretty solid setup. I mean nothing moves lol

u dont want the whole bushing tapped, you want like the last 3/4" or so tapped, the bushing is a good setup but you either need to put a helicoil in it to tap the last 3/4" or put a nut on the backside. It doesnt matter how good a fit the bushing is, since the top mount is in single shear your always going to see some kind of side load

u dont want the whole bushing tapped, you want like the last 3/4" or so tapped, the bushing is a good setup but you either need to put a helicoil in it to tap the last 3/4" or put a nut on the backside. It doesnt matter how good a fit the bushing is, since the top mount is in single shear your always going to see some kind of side load

Ashburn ok. I wasn't quite understanding you but I get what you are saying. So, like put a nut on the inside rail? That would make may bolt reaallllyy long like. 7"