ITGuy's 2003 Sierra 1500/2500 4x4 RCLB Build Thread

Wet sanding mirrors.. not too much though, and then a little polishing compound.
Hope that brightens them up a little after the long winter.

I'll probably install them when the rain stops tomorrow and give them another once over.
Pouring here at the moment. This will give me a chance to figure out what's next.
Probably swap that front bumper and raise it up to the grill.

IMG_20140625_203915117_zpsznntora2.jpg

IMG_20140625_190555813_zpss3sjakut.jpg

Tonight's projects

- Re-install tow mirrors (I've got a couple of touch up spots I need to make on them) & polish them.
- Put doors back together.
- Use Cornells Lift Bumper on 2500 Thread @ GMFS to re-install my other upper and lower front bumper. This will probably span tonight and tomorrow.
- Put front end back together. (I've treated and coated the inside of my front bumper)
- start making plans to clean up the edge of my hood, and weather guard the lip.
- Do a close inspection of paint all the way around. I already chipped a small spot on the rocker (my bad). The rock guard did it's job, but it is now showing a small black spot. I'll touch that up over the weekend.

Last edited:
Colormatched gate handle and bezel. I'll adress the bumper at some point.
IMG_20140626_191933743_HDR_zpsvll6t5pb.jpg

Mirrors installed and polished a little. Better, but just not as bright / vivid as my new paint. I may buff them again later.
IMG_20140626_192451475_zpsw6wgxe6u.jpg

Adjusting the hood yet again. Far back as I can go on the passenger side and over about 1/4".. It could use some more adjustment.
IMG_20140626_202101810_HDR_zpsotquytcb.jpg

Test fitting with Denali's and clear markers. There is a black rubber seal that will fill that gap once I make some adjustments.
IMG_20140626_203409248_zps0ujike2d.jpg

I vote some 305s on the PYOs til you get a wheel and tire setup in mind that you like

Looking great bud, good progress so far

I'll see if I can find some El Cheapos on CL.. or some El Freeos might be better..
Made some progress on bumper. I've got to clean things up a little before re-installing.

I might not use washers on the bumper mod, but instead cut my own mounts.. always have to make things more difficult..