ITGuy's 2003 Sierra 1500/2500 4x4 RCLB Build Thread

- Downpipe arrives tomorrow.
- Also received the 4" reg cab adapter today (aluminized).
I ordered that in place of the stainless one I backordered... was told it would 4-5 more weeks and didn't want to wait.

MBRP notified me today that they drop shipped me the stainless one direct from factory.
Looks like I will just wait for that one to get here instead. :up:
I'll return the aluminized one.

Last edited:
I'd also recommend the Cognito lifts. My buddy had the 10-12" on his 2door yukon with a 3" BL and 40s. It was awesome. The kit is built really well and it looks like beef. I like all the tube structure you can see with it.

Cognito 7-9" Lift

I could run this lift @ the 7" setup, and would only need to purchase a new driveline they sell. Probably would grab a new heavy-duty swaybar too. Pretty complete package though. I'll definitely give it some thought. Not sure if it's worth the extra 1200 bucks to me up here.

I like the NTBD kits, but do you guys like torsion bar drop on 2500 frame? I think everything tucked up and under is cool on the 1500 frame, but it might look a little more stout on the 2500 to have the TB's visible. Probably a matter of preference I suppose.

Last edited:
why going that big with the lift?
btw remember that you have a HD now, so its already around 1.5-2in taller than the old truck.

Truth!

90% certain I am going to tuck these under it. I think they will look great with my Red RCLB. Something more aggressive would be cool too.I drive the truck 2-3K miles a year max. [pictured 35"x12.5R20]
general-grabber-extreme-traction-sidewall-large_zpsb0a4f34a.png

But mounted on Methods
F23746317_zps3120b8d4.jpg

You are a right, I could probably do it on the 4-6". Originally I was thinking the 7-9" was for if I ever wanted to move to 37's.. but I don't think I will. I'd rather spend my money on other components.

Last edited:
word. you have to see them in person. i was thinking having a red truck they would look good too. saw them at a truck show on a red truck and on display, i didnt like them as much.

word. you have to see them in person. i was thinking having a red truck they would look good too. saw them at a truck show on a red truck and on display, i didnt like them as much.

Agreed, always liked them till I saw them on a customer's truck recently. Grey NNBS Duramax, 6" on 35 red letters. The letters did look pretty cheesy

Sent from TapaTwat