ITGuy's 2003 Sierra 1500/2500 4x4 RCLB Build Thread

Thanks Bro! Pumped! Just need a $$$$ infusion now if you know what I mean.

-Talked to Hews trucking today. They told me the utility body upfit was worth a lot more then I thought.
It's a Reading Classic II and aluminum, + it has a System One rack on top. New + installed it was probably 6-7K.
I am going to hopefully remove it in a couple of days and list it locally on CL/Ebay. I'd be pumped if I can get $2500 for it.

-Stripping the tows off it. The right tow has a cracked lower mirror but that can be replaced.. I should be able to sell the set easily.

I'll give it a good going over this weekend. It's not junk by any means.. not wrecked or salvaged, just a boring commercial vehicle.
I have all the maintenance records. I feel like I got a good deal after looking at frame, and how clean engine and drivetrain is.
I'll swap everything I can from the 1500 as I said before.. where it makes sense anyway.

Quick question - Anyone got a good CLEAR link to 8 lug standard Machined Methods? I am considering moving away from chrome,
even though I will have some chrome on my truck. Not sure if it is wise, but my thinking is that they are easier to care for and would
last a bit longer up here in Maine. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Looking picture of an 8 bolt on a truck if possible. Just want to see the difference over the pictured 6 bolt.. having trouble finding a clear large image.
I guess most 8's will have a large center. Yes, 20x10 for sure!

to be honest since you are most likely swapping over the front grill and stuff and keeping it chrome i would go with a chrome wheel

but yeah if your going with methods make sure you get a quote from Available Brands | MrWheelDeal.com they seem to be pretty good and i got my quote on the same rim from them

I personally hate clear coated and chrome wheels because they can't be fixed, whereas aluminum wheels can always be sanded and polished up like new no matter how bad they are. and Maintenance is as easy as washing them off and polishing once in a while. There really isn't one perfect wheel for salt either because it gets in beneath the factory clear coated wheels and corrodes the aluminum, and steel or chrome wheels rust and pit. It's a hard choice man but if you have the patience to do a complete vehicle rebuild I'd look into some polished wheels for summer and maybe run the stock dmax wheels in winter

What's a fair price to ask for my ultra predators + tires. Got about 1500 miles on them.
I'll just roll it into the new tires / rimz.

I have a lot of other things I need to be doing.. long list, but wheels are easy.

just ask what you paid for them. i am sure someone local will come pick them up IMO unless you paid a lot i dono what you have into them

Well they ARE used. little bit of pitting on the backsides and a few small blemishes.
Ultra Predators 20x10 were probably around 1150 shipped if I remember.
305/55R20 Nitto Graps were probably around 1250 shipped.

I bet I could sell the set for 1800 since the rims have a little wear.

Well they ARE used. little bit of pitting on the backsides and a few small blemishes.
Ultra Predators 20x10 were probably around 1150 shipped if I remember.
305/55R20 Nitto Graps were probably around 1250 shipped.

I bet I could sell the set for 1800 since the rims have a little wear.

yeah thats fair i suppose