ITGuy's 2003 Sierra 1500/2500 4x4 RCLB Build Thread

I don't think you mentioned that the donor was a red truck as well earlier? That makes this swap much easier. Looks like some good progress, keep it up

eedit: The problem with the lower convex mirror is the screw that holds on the swivel is underneath the glass, so you have to remove (read break) the glass to pull it out.

I don't think you mentioned that the donor was a red truck as well earlier? That makes this swap much easier. Looks like some good progress, keep it up

For sure, that was part of my search criteria.. but a red reg cab 2006-2007 [classic] diesel isn't too common around these parts. Took me some time to track one down. It will need to be painted in the end though as I have body work to do to the bed, hood and I want it all to blend. Cab & chassis really worked for me since I had another truck with all the body parts. I just needed something with low miles, and mechanically sound.. lucked out when I found it in Connecticut.

good progress, throw from turns in the bars to bring the front end up when you get a chance.

really liking the swap donor truck looks clean

Thanks, yeah for sure.. very clean. I'll crank up the keys a little to level it out. Not sure when I can pull the trigger on lift/wheels but leveling would be a good start.

Last edited:
Thanks man. I just got lucky with clean low mileage cab and chassis. Had to get it.
I am liking it so far... plenty of fun things to work on though.

After I get all the parts transferred I will pull the bed again to clean the frame and drop the t-case for the pump rub kit.
Well... that's the plan anyway.. seems to change a lot lol.

Well thats one easy way to do your diesel swap haha.

I cant believe how f*&ked that frame is for only 80K. makes me feel alittle better about the rust we get on ours here.

Well thats one easy way to do your diesel swap haha.

I cant believe how f*&ked that frame is for only 80K. makes me feel alittle better about the rust we get on ours here.

I knew it would shock people. Maine uses a ton of sodium chlorate.. and this is what it does. :uhoh:

Yeah very true.. That was one of the reasons I picked an 06-07.. I wanted to swap to diesel 4BTA in the 1500 frame,
and I was ready to sink 6-8K into it. Having to 'start over' frustrated the hell out of me, so I just pulled the trigger on the LBZ.
Problem solved and I get to use most of my old truck, minus all the rusty sh*t of course.

It's sitting in my garage at the moment.. not even sure what to do once it's stripped down.

Last edited:
Yeah that was the worst frame I've ever seen. Looks like old farm equipment that's been sitting unused for 100 years.

Does the truck have power windows and locks, dont think you've ever mentioned it?