ITGuy's 2003 Sierra 1500/2500 4x4 RCLB Build Thread

Make me an offer I can't refuse. :sheep: I will say that one of the rims has some pitting around a the bottom of a spoke, and a dull spot, but could just need more cleaning.
They have about 1500 miles on them lol. I actually have them listed as a set on craiglist now.

Body Swap and a few other things. My interior is mint... like NEW.

It would take me a while to prep it though.. I would still have to do a bit of work to the donor to get it ready.
Few weeks of cleaning the frame up. Also need some parts in the front, but I will get complete list after looking at it. Still waiting on a buddy of mine with flatbed so we can at least go look.

At least it would give me something to work on... and better than just scrapping the Sierra.

Last edited:
My brother thinks I should find a 6.0L 1500 IFS and swap. *plugs ears* la la la. would cost a fraction of the LBZ la la la.
and then use the rest of the money to pimp.

Nothing is ever easy... is it.

TGIF at least!~

I know, I think he assumed because I wanted to do a 6.0 swap before that just getting another 1500 was going to cut it.

So I figure if I am going to do all of this work, I might as well just go all-out stupid. Right?

Yep! Looking around for something! Went and looked at one this weekend but it was JUNK.
not a lot of rust but a LOT of frickin' work i.e. MONEY needed before the swap would happen.

Trying another one this week just gotta get flatbed and driver motivated.

Checking this 2500HD out on Friday. Couple of frame shots here for sampling. Good candidate for body swap.

frame2_zps19c66ad4.jpg

rear-end1_zps5ac89199.jpg

Frame will clean up pretty easily in my opinion.. Yeah, I know it is extra work, but it's impossible to find perfect undercarriages in the northeast. Doesn't look like anything that couldn't be ground down and hit with some chassis paint.