ITGuy's 2003 Sierra 1500/2500 4x4 RCLB Build Thread

1_zps9b7cbd14.jpg

3cef013d-1b14-404a-9ed6-9503bb9c9b33_zpsadb78aeb.jpg

I still can believe that those pics are only a couple months apart, love this truck

where not mean the truck looks nice, but yeah he said he needs to re-weld the rear of the frame because its so far gone, but once he's done it will be sweet IMO

especially if he goes through with big engine mod

I was just jokin, but its that bad needs to be welded?

Haven't really read the thread. Ill go look.

Edit:

:scared:

Last edited:
Yeah no offense taken! She has some rust underneath for sure, mostly on the back half of the frame. A lot less on the front frame rails now as I have ground it off, treated the areas and coated the frame with chassis black. I will have to do the same with the rear half. While I wanted to preserve as much as the truck as I could since it was a donor, I have considered getting yet another donor and merging the two. If I feel that this one is too far gone, then I will be forced to do it.

Spring is coming and with that my list is growing. Hopefully the warmer weather brings better working conditions! I've already picked out the shop to get it re-painted after all the work is finished but that's still a ways out.

I did install a new windshield a few weeks ago, and did some work inside the cab, but nothing too exciting. I'll post some more when I get a few minutes. Busy as hell this time of year.

Last edited:
Also someone asked about the engine.

I am taking a very hard look at a 4BTA right now. (B series, turbo and aftercooled)
and all of the other components I would need to make it happen.
Just toying around with the idea at the moment.

Someone earlier suggested the 4BT engine and I quickly dismissed it, but it might really work well for my application.
More to come. Just send some warmer weather my way please?

4bt would be BAMF IMO would make the truck jump into a whole different category because nobody has done it....not sure if they are cheap around your area but my brother did a 3L toyota diesel swap into his 1988 OBS getting almost 30mpg
this might also be something to look at :shrug:

4bt has been done before, but very rare. I've only seen two full size rigs with it. If you have the know how to swap, it will be a great truck. Easy to make good power with also! I've seen them shoehorned into a few jeeps and rangers also and they get 40+ mpg. I'd say you will be around 30mpg. And it will have plenty of power available with the right modifications!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk