ITGuy's 2003 Sierra 1500/2500 4x4 RCLB Build Thread

4BT is cool.. kinda tall n heavy.

6BT hmm. I'd have to contact my DMV and look if Maine has any restrictions on swapping it over. That would be a very interesting build.
Something I have not done before..nor do I see it too often up here. I will give this a hard look before making any decisions.

There are a few 6.5 turbo Diesels nearby as well. Be a lot of work stuffing them (diesels) in though.. and converting over all supporting acc's.

Last edited:
4BT is cool.. kinda tall n heavy.

6BT hmm. I'd have to contact my DMV and look if Maine has any restrictions on swapping it over. That would be a very interesting build.
Something I have not done before..nor do I see it too often up here. I will give this a hard look before making any decisions.

There are a few 6.5 turbo Diesels nearby as well. Be a lot of work stuffing them (diesels) in though.. and converting over all supporting acc's.

You think 4bt is tall and heavy but consider 6bt?

Seriously, is just do a 6.0 swap, cam and headers while you are in there and be done. Easy swap with great results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im curious, how good is the quality of your new grille compared to the stock? Reason being is I need to buy a new grille and cant find one locally.

Im curious, how good is the quality of your new grille compared to the stock? Reason being is I need to buy a new grille and cant find one locally.

Not sure what I can tell you. Quality seems OK with no flaws in the surface. It came with the necessary clips and was well packed with low or free shipping (I bought several items from the vendor). Anything specific, let me know!

Sent from your mom's phone.

anthony,

i got mine off amazon, it was 56 bucks and came perfect.

only thing that sucks is no one makes it like the OEM where the GMC badge mounts,

Hmm interesting, well I don't need the GMC emblem to mount like stock. But the top of mine is messed up, and you will see it when I put on my HD hood, so I need to get a new grille, but I want one that's close enough to factory so my lights and cutout billet will still fit right

Nope! Just getting through January sub-zero temps and anxious to get crackin' on the build. I will say that the downtime has allowed me to get a lot of good ideas from people here. I'll be shaping up my 'wish' list at the beginning of the thread along with an updated parts list.

'Probably be doing some welding in a couple of weeks -need a windshield replacement from monster crack, and a look at the power steering pump its a bit leaky.
Gotta get my inspection sticker too. fun fun.

Anything new with you?

Nope! Just getting through January sub-zero temps and anxious to get crackin' on the build. I will say that the downtime has allowed me to get a lot of good ideas from people here. I'll be shaping up my 'wish' list at the beginning of the thread along with an updated parts list.

'Probably be doing some welding in a couple of weeks -need a windshield replacement from monster crack, and a look at the power steering pump its a bit leaky.
Gotta get my inspection sticker too. fun fun.

Anything new with you?

just bought a new truck needs a little tlc

not sure if you've done it yet. didnt see it posted.

the actual signal portion of the mirror is very easy to hook up. Ill have to find the wiring diagram but it takes about 20 minutes. splice the signal wire in the mirror, tap (cant remember which pin) under the dash and done. have done it a few times myself.

other then that I say tint/flares and done! awesome progress dude. :)