ITGuy's 2003 Sierra 1500/2500 4x4 RCLB Build Thread

Legal on the front two roll-ups should be 35% Ryan, that's what I have on my car. I had 20% on my NNBS and never had an issue with it around Bangor, not sure how strict they are down your way though.

I think I could dip these. I do have black & silver metallic in stock here.
You just need several coats, so when you go to peel it all comes off. My wheels don't have a lot of little edges to get gummed up either.

Maybe I will dip them and just see how they look first. I am pretty sure the plasti will keep the road salt & liquid chlorides off them.

Legal on the front two roll-ups should be 35% Ryan, that's what I have on my car. I had 20% on my NNBS and never had an issue with it around Bangor, not sure how strict they are down your way though.

OK thank you Jordan! Probably a spring project? It's not a lot of money, but not sure how well it goes on in the winter.

Well I do need a lot of parts on my front end replaced. I might do it all in one massive upgrade.
I'll be in touch when the time comes. You're available for hire right? $ + beer.

lots of people do it Matt haha, I will probably swap over to my steelies this thanksgiving break though. and remember if you get a six inch kit I know a guy who can get it for you $900 speed to your door!

Sent via Glade Plug In

Last one for now.
e5cc1c15-7c77-41d5-a5fa-b0f3b07db96e_zpse62f280b.jpg

Sent from your mom's phone.

Last edited:
OK thank you Jordan! Probably a spring project? It's not a lot of money, but not sure how well it goes on in the winter.

I suppose that would be up to whomever you have do it. My local guy has a heated garage that he does it in, I had mine done this past February on a brutally cold week and they're perfect.

They will have to do it in a heated garage, and they usually extend the time where you can't roll your windows down because there is less heat to bind the tint.

Some shops won't do it in the winter around here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! I had to update the last pic.. for some reason photobucket was not posting it correctly.
No more pics until the next set of mods.

I agree Anthony, but I still have not decided on small block vs. big block yet.

Like 5.3 vs 6.0? or 6.0 vs something bigger?

6.0? 7.4? 8.1? All possible. Just need to find the 'right' deal.
I'll be doing the work myself again, but I am better suited for that vs. painting :)
(although I am happy how my painting came out)

Last edited:
6.2 :pray: haha and yes im available for hire! for installing the lift or painting... i painted my entire Porsche 944 when i still had that, it came out mint sauce except for two little clear runs that we sanded and buffed out... gosh i miss that car. Granted i had it in a auto paint shop for two weeks working on it after school haha, im sure we could work something out

Last edited:
6.2 :pray: haha and yes im available for hire! for installing the lift or painting... i painted my entire Porsche 944 when i still had that, it came out mint sauce except for two little clear runs that we sanded and buffed out... gosh i miss that car. Granted i had it in a auto paint shop for two weeks working on it after school haha, im sure we could work something out

6.2? I'd have to get something out of a wrecked truck. Probably not a lot of them kicking around.

Well I have a small garage here. Could probably do the lift work in there if I cleared it out and put the other stuff in my shed.
You did a lot of your stuff outside though, right? No fun in February!

I had to update my "wish list" at the start of the thread... getting damn long lol

Last edited:
8.1 isnt a bad motor, but aftermarket is smaller for them and parts are generally more. plus idk if they will fit in a 1500. they only came in 2500's iirc

:facepalm: to matt. the 4.8, 5.3, and 6.0 have the same block for the most part, just different bores ect.

7.4 is the obs big block, its a turd.

a 6.0 is the best swap, anything LS2 or all aluminum is expensive, same with the 6.2

cook doesnt come on here much but he did the 4.3 to 6.0 swap in his bagged truck before he sold it.

:omg: yolo. 8.1 would be cool. But you could probably find and build a 6.hoe for cheaper. I think you and connor should come down to jersey and give me a nice painting lesson

Well the only thing I would personally do to the 8.1 (if I had one) would be an upgraded cam.
Any engine would be getting all new exhaust, headers, intake manifold etc.

I think you can squeeze an 8.1 under the hood. I've been doing some research and reading up on other swaps.
Aside from the engine compartment being stuffed, I think it will drop in. You are right about the cost of parts though, they are more $.

Whatever engine I grab.. it will be something nice to work on for a couple of months.