ITGuy's 2003 Sierra 1500/2500 4x4 RCLB Build Thread

http://customgm.com/exterior-how/3140-denali-headlight-morimoto-mini-h1-retrofit-output-pics.html
and here is the link for the retrofit how to and what you need, and here is the one for the adapter plates you will need
http://customgm.com/sale-trade-clas...ly/5011-morimoto-retrofit-adaptor-plates.html
I believe he is also in the process of making a set for the new 6.0 versions

Im working on the 6.0's right now. free time is limited so i can only do so much testing and moding. if you can get 5.0 projectors i have the adaptors for them in stock.

only thing i can say im bummed is that your grill has the chrome bars, i like the black bars better.

and use some washers to space the bumper closer to the grill. and you can thank me later.

Washers got it! I am going to take it back apart when I finish the lower bumper anyway.
I need to align the grill & headlights a bit better. The 4 mounting bolts in the front will be easy,
but the side mounts will need to be adjusted for the new height. What did you do for that ?

I won't change out those bulbs for a while though.. priorities priorities!

You think a black grill would be better? How about a black mesh overlay?
I'm diggin' the shiny chrome at the moment.. and I'm more of a black-matte kinda guy.

Last edited:
Oh shit, i just realized i gave you the link for the chrome bars, i didnt even notice that sorry dude.... its not the worst thing ive ever seen though... try plastidipping them black maybe?

Lol I thought it was fine. I think it will look ok when it's all finished.
I'd rather have it all chrome and then add a black cover then a black grill out of the box.
I am removing a lot of the black with colormatch anyway.

Last edited:
Sanding mirrors and lower bumper tonight. Should be able to spray them tomorrow.
Aiming at having them ready to install this weekend.

Picking up engine hoist this Friday as well. Too many house projects slowing me dowwwn. haha.

Sanding mirrors and lower bumper tonight. Should be able to spray them tomorrow.
Aiming at having them ready to install this weekend.

Picking up engine hoist this Friday as well. Too many house projects slowing me dowwwn. haha.

Fuck I wish I had money. The speed of your build is awesome hahaha

Sent from Buck Tooth Betty

Aside form the tires and rims, the complete brake job I did cost more in parts than the rough country kit.
Everything else has been less.

Mostly just labor hours. It depends how much your time is worth.. I could have bought those bumper brackets new for 50-60 bucks? Instead I spent several hours grinding, applying rust treatment and painting them. Hindsight being 20/20 -- I should have just bought them and worked on something more important.

I still have a garage roof to fix, new conduit to run under my driveway and a leaky first floor bathroom to renovate.

I just wish there was more time to do things. Goes by too fast. :\

Well I still need new dust covers .. they are toast, but I did install new brake pads, new rotors, and I ran new lines as well. I also put in a new parking brake cable, shoes and hardware. I didn't replace the calipers. They still work but were had a lot of surface corrosion... so I ground them down the best I could, painted them caliper red and re-installed them. I feel a lot better knowing it will stop when I press the brake now. So not COMPLETE as in tear out everything brake related.. but you get the idea.

Yes stock parts.

Did that a couple of weeks ago. Kinda regretting not replacing a few other components.

Last edited:
yeah if i ever end up doing new lines i would so braided ss lines too get rid of that soft pedal feel, but i did upgrade my front rotors and pads too slotted rotors which did help a bit but still not where i want them

Yeah I still have the boring stocky brake lines.. nothing flashy. At least it is updated.
How much more for those rotors over stock? I didn't even bother to check.

totally depends what you get ....you have drums in the back ? i got mine of a guy who blew his tranny after putting on the brakes ....so i am not sure what they would be new ...some guy recommended a brake set up for me but it was a bit pricey so i found these and jumped on them .....also something about switching too a vacuum set up or switching out the vacuum set up too one from a escalade or i think ss i am not 100% on these things but apparently it also takes less space in the engine compartment which would be since since your doing an lq9 swap but i am sure someone with more knowledge will chime in

Edit: people where recommending EBC rotors with yellow stuff brake pads ....apparently the best option

I think you're talking about hydroboost swap, where the brakes are assisted hydraulically using the power steering pump. It apparently makes the pedal feel a lot firmer and is great for big cams or forced induction where the amount of vacuum created is very small or non existent. I plan on doing the swap at some point on my truck. I found a couple good write ups with parts and the steps on how to do it, let me see if I can find them again

Edit: I found them, and yes I know one is from gmfs but it seems to be a pretty good write up

http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156800

http://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...sion-22/hydroboost-conversion-install-417445/

Last edited:
Done with Lower Bumper, it was less work then the mirrors so I tackled that first.
I will remove the bumper brackets again, cover them with topcoat and re-install everything (+ spacers as suggested)
IMG_20131108_144812_687_zpsaca3bb5c.jpg

IMG_20131108_144831_528_zpsc75c30d1.jpg

IMG_20131108_145044_045_zps06069b60.jpg