ITGuy's 2003 Sierra 1500/2500 4x4 RCLB Build Thread

so your saying if i order heated/power/signal tows it will be plug and play on my 2003 silverado with normal heated/power/signal mirrors ?

marc, as long as they have the same options, it should be plug and play. brother has put tows on his past 2 trucks and they worked just fine. one was LS package so no heat/signal, other truck is LT2 so it has heat/signal. Like I say, plug and play.

Good to know Khaos! Thanks for chiming in.. I won't waste my time going to the dealer about it. I'll watch for some plugs to fit the existing cabling on the mirrors, and work out a system. The mirrors can stay installed.. they just won't work until I finish the custom harness. Shouldn't be a bad project though. I prefer that over grinding rust or sanding... which I have a lot of to do :(

Now that's what I am talking about
It's.... beauuutiful.
:cute:

01616_hBypei9HMm2_600x450_zps0cea874e.jpg

No problem. If you get them to work, let us know how. I'd like to have them without going through all that also.

I will document it if it will help someone out. Might encourage me to do a clean setup too.
I'll browse over the wiring this weekend in between projects and see if I can draft up some rough plans.

Not serious on that cap. lol.
I don't see a lot of caps on this site... I am guessing they are outlawed here?
I miss having the enclosed space of my SUV but making due for now.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I had a cap, and then I sold it to fund my drop parts haha. They looks good sometimes. John's Blue 01 HD on 37s looks good with it.

Some caps are pretty damn nice.. I think A.R.E makes some that mold right to the body of the truck.
Hard to tell if SUV or truck at first glance.

Oh well food for thought. Wouldn't need a solution until next summer unless I buy another used suv.

you need a short box cap :thumbsup: and yeah i thought about getting a cap they go for pretty cheap used around here just have too find a white one...

Last edited:
i fixed it :banghead: sorry yes cap and no either make it a RCSB or make it a crew cab super short box :secret:

I am going to need a beater while working on my truck soon. I don't have much choice.

My workplace is auctioning off it's fleet vehicles to employees.
They have a 2000 Chevy 2500 CC w/ 8 foot bed that I can probably pick up for a few hundred bucks. It's been used at the construction site and rusty underneath but it has does have a sticker for another year. I'll probably bid on it because no one else will haha

Last edited: