ITGuy's 2003 Sierra 1500/2500 4x4 RCLB Build Thread

Today (So Far)
New Chrome Grill and Front Bumper. One prong snapped off the top of the grill, but I can fix it. There is a clip there anyway.
52c443a1-7b10-440f-a378-9a4f76c7253f_zpsa9aa5bbb.jpg

Tow Mirrors - The are heated and have integrated blinker. I'll have to take a look at wiring them up since my stockers are manual.

IMG_20131022_095513_364_zpsf119997c.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think NBS W/Ts are wired for power mirrors, I bet that's going to be a bitch to figure out. Probably going to have to get door panels, harnesses, etc.

I can probably whip something up. Integrating the blinker will be a snap. I just need a wiring diagram.
I am purchasing a console with toggle switches on it for fog, radio, video etc. I can add mirrors power / defrost to it and run my own circuit for it.

That is the actual mirror sitting on the floor.
I'll get some better shots of the cap. The mount will need some sanding.. oh and they were 160 not 180.

Ricer switches? No idea what that would even look like haha.,, something cheesy / mismatched?

I am thinking some subtle recessed switches with led/on.
I've been browsing some online. I just need to decide to either mount them into my dash,
or use an aftermarket console at this point. I can probably find mirror controls out there too.

Last edited:
fuck, I wish I could get more done on my truck faster. plans are sounding good. I just put 20x10 Preds on my truck and I'm pretty happy with them other than the fact that 2 of the 4 were so bad that we had to stack weights to balance them. I think it was like 19.2 oz and 9.75 on the opposite side. I'm pretty happy with them otherwise. running 33x10.5 Falken Wild Peaks with a constant rub at full lock and I'm leveled just like Kyle. I wanted BMF's but heard they crack and have shitty warranty and they cost a good bit more.

I hear ya man. I read some reviews online from different customers.. something that costs that much should be flawless. I think I will be happy with the Predators. I'm glad you chimed in about just being leveled. Makes me feel better about the fit.

Yeah when I have a project in front of me, I go to down. I have a turbo to install on my motorcycle this winter, but this truck is my only project at the moment so it's getting all of the attention. I still need a lot of gear / tools to complete the work though..and we are bound to get some cold weather soon :\... so add a monster heater for my garage onto that list. My front porch of the house is like a freaking loading dock right now haha.

not sure Bryan. brother said he could turn the tires on the rims but it would still be bad. I'm probably going to grab some trails in the spring and put these a/t's on mom's suburban anyways so I'm not too concerned with returning them or anything.

I don't think NBS W/Ts are wired for power mirrors, I bet that's going to be a bitch to figure out. Probably going to have to get door panels, harnesses, etc.

For 03+ nbs trucks, in order to get factory power mirrors, windows, seats, etc, it all has to run through the BCM. You'd need a BCM from a full power truck, then you'd need to have it programmed at the dealer. Also, you'd need all the harnesses, switches, door panels, seats etc to make it all work.

All in all, if you just want power mirrors I'm sure you can make it work with your own wiring. Otherwise you're looking at +/- $1k for a full power swap with all those parts. I've checked :rofl: