ITGuy's 2003 Sierra 1500/2500 4x4 RCLB Build Thread

:thumbsup: you will like the look of having a bit wider wheel and it sticking out a bit more, if it's too much you could always throw some fender flares on it!

Sent via Glade Plug In

Link to those flares? I think my tires are going to stick out >3" and I will be cutting some metal. lol
Maybe a small BL will help too.

Grabbin' some other items today too.
-Replacement front bumper
-Lower front bumper (can I keep stock or should I swap upper and lower for something else?)
-Need a really good source for grill / bezel to get rid of all the gray plastic. Chrome pliz.
-Lugs

And as far as front lower bumper goes, a color matched one with fogs would be perfect, and most people keep the chrome bumper pad(top piece) chrome iirc

Alright .. man what a shopping list! I'm going to do the entire front end in one shot.

Did you cut out the wells for fog lights on your lower bumper? Mine are solid at the moment.
Off to place some orders.

:spendmonies: im guessing you sold the old SUV? since you are spending all this money!! your truck will look better then mine in 3...2.....1...:okay:

Some counties have officers whose specialty is to just pull over lifted trucks, others don't give a shit, i've been followed by staties and town cops who haven't pulled me over yet. So it just depends on where you are. You should be fine.

Alright .. man what a shopping list! I'm going to do the entire front end in one shot.

Did you cut out the wells for fog lights on your lower bumper? Mine are solid at the moment.
Off to place some orders.

most get the valance with the holes, thats what i have. im sure you can cut it out if you want, but since you gotta get it painted anyway, i think you can get the plastic section for like 50-100 bucks.

No sale on the SUV yet. I gotta guy coming tonight to look at it though.
When I sell the SUV, it will buy me the new engine and items for my 6.0 swap this winter.

Here is what I purchased today... this should keep me busy for a while.

EDIT : I gotta add matching fog lights for my headlights (see below) and grab those flares.

Grill (thanks for link)
Grill_zps42f418e6.jpg

Mirrors - these are primered only. I'll spray them before install.
mirrors_zpsf19dda84.jpg

Goodbye rusty front bumper :proud:
FrontupperBump_zps3f1fe5ad.jpg

Front Lower Bumper - I'll spray this same time as mirrors and other widgets..
frontlowerbumper_zps6f57ec75.jpg

lugs n stems for rims
spline241lg_zpsc630b6e0.jpg

Yukon Clear Bumper lights
yukonbumperclear_zps172d33f6.jpg

Denali Clear Halo lights w/ clear markers
denali_zps2264b399.jpg

Denali Clear Halo Fogs
Denaliclearhalofog_zps7bbc1d0f.jpg

Last edited:
All that's left is flares, I found the Fog lights that match.
- I might wait and see how much my tires stick out

I shoulda checked amazon on that grill first.. true man.

Also, you prefer OE flares over say the bushwacked fender extender or other types?

Keeping my eye on this, just incase...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PERFORMANCE-ACCESORIES-2-BODY-LIFT-KIT-CHEVY-GMC-1500-PICKUP-2WD-4WD-10132-/370916533741?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2003%7CMake%3AGMC%7CModel%3ASierra+1500%7CSubmodel%3ABase%7CEngine+-+Liter_Display%3A4.3L&hash=item565c5925ed&vxp=mtr

Last edited: