Huck's 2006 Sierra Crew

For the love of god don't put in a capacitor

Imo

Sent from Tapashit
Why? I don't really know much about them but everybody I've talked to said to do it to help your electrical system and my old truck dimmed my lights every time it hit hard and it don't have this much power
So that 1600w pioneer is putting out like what, 480w @ 14.4v lol
I don't remember but it's plenty for me. Do not need 5000w rms
Still will be much better than stock fgt blose, never was real impressed with mine in nbs
IMFO

Capacitors don't do shit, just do the big 3 and you should be fine. I run a 1600rms sub amp and a 400rms door speaker amp and mine is perfectly fine with just the big 3, a larger alternator or second battery would be good but you shouldn't need it

Sent from Tapashit

:shake: Good to know. If I get time I may do it this weekend then and screw the cap. I'll order the big 3 cables in a couple weeks

Headunit and PAC harness came in today. If dad's car deal doesn't take too long tomorrow, I'm gonna take all my stuff over to my buddy's house and start the install :dubstep:

Brought the truck to my buddy's house and started tearing into it. Got the interior stripped and the whole thing sound deadened in a couple hours, took a break for dinner and put the carpet back in. Then got the speakers out and started fishing wire and mounting speakers. Didn't get to far into that before calling it a night cuz I'm running on 4.5 hrs of sleep. Gonna finish it in the morning
eb5dd93dba444ae159aed752984cc27e.jpg

c364ba0eb1ffee5eca52ad2a67c2c580.jpg

eece2827ba1df50cdb4cdf949159d880.jpg

b3bab86887121ad745eea377936dedc9.jpg

b473df93f3cabdee956f69cb0459cd93.jpg

b17fabadf67eb8424643ca663f26f897.jpg

0e42a817c47f2e16b6eb3be900d42225.jpg

Damn, low light pics suck. No, still haven't ordered those housings yet. But I broke one of the front housings tonight, we broke the other one putting in LEDs a while back so now I need 4 :banghead:

Did 2 layers on the back wall and from the front 2 seat mounts for the back seat back on the floor. Decided not to do the doors just to see how it sounds. If it sounds tinny I'll add some to the doors. May order some of those little butyl door cups that go around the speakers too.

Lol yep, AC duct insulation. Talked to Ryan and a couple other guys that have used it. It's butyl based and essentially the same shit, just a tad thinner. But it's like 1/3 of the price of automotive deadener. Laid down great, did 2 layers on the back wall and rear most section of the cab floor. Can already tell a difference just by banging on the floor and shutting the doors

I really need to do that to my truck. Dem longtubes are making me deaf

And please do tell more about butyl cups for behind the speakers?