Huck's 2006 Sierra Crew

@Huck I was going to mention, I love the way cab lights look on trucks, but in my opinion it's not worth it to add them to a halfton and they will look out of place. Since it's not a quadrasteer it makes a 1500 look like an old man truck with cab lights on it. Just my thoughts on it because I've considered cab lights on mine before too....

Now about that alternator whine. I have the same thing in my truck when I added my new amp for the door speakers, how do you solve that problem? I'm thinking about running a separate ground from the amp straight to the chassis?

And any feed back on if the sound deadener helped any?

The whine is normally due to a bad ground or path of too many power wires in the same location.

Well I separated my power wires from my rca cables, they're on opposite sides of the cab. So I guess I'll start with the ground then Thanks guys

@Huck I was going to mention, I love the way cab lights look on trucks, but in my opinion it's not worth it to add them to a halfton and they will look out of place. Since it's not a quadrasteer it makes a 1500 look like an old man truck with cab lights on it. Just my thoughts on it because I've considered cab lights on mine before too....

Now about that alternator whine. I have the same thing in my truck when I added my new amp for the door speakers, how do you solve that problem? I'm thinking about running a separate ground from the amp straight to the chassis?

And any feed back on if the sound deadener helped any?
Yeah, I go back and forth on them all the time. I loved them on my old truck and think they'd look good on this one in clear/6000k but sometimes I feel like I need more height/wide to pull them off.

On the whine issue, Tony is right, usually it's a bad ground. Unplug your RCAs from your amp first with the truck on/radio on and see if the whine goes away. If it does, it's not likely your amps. I would take the ground wire out of the harness and go straight to something under the dash to start with.

My problem actually ended up being simple. My power wire under the hood was too close to where the engine harness plugs into the distribution block on the firewall to the right of the master cylinder (looking at the firewall). I just pushed it farther down onto the inner fender and my whine went away.
how are the gmc reps holdin up?
Well, last time I washed them they were good lol. Which was over a month ago :scared: I never did seal them and we had ALOT of salt on the roads (for us anyway) so I'm a little worried. But I'll report back once I wash it, hopefully this week sometime

Well, last time I washed them they were good lol. Which was over a month ago :scared: I never did seal them and we had ALOT of salt on the roads (for us anyway) so I'm a little worried. But I'll report back once I wash it, hopefully this week sometime

Hopefully they are holdin up well then! I'm sure our ideas of "a lot" of salt are very different lol.

I think yours look fantastic and as a result I think I'll be buyin the machined ones for winter wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So If I have my positive cable running through the boot with the main wiring harness in the firewall is that bad? My amp is 5 channel, runs all speakers and a small sub, and I have it under the back seat with like a 6" ground cable to one of the mounting bolts for the back seat

Hopefully they are holdin up well then! I'm sure our ideas of "a lot" of salt are very different lol.

I think yours look fantastic and as a result I think I'll be buyin the machined ones for winter wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh our definitions are different for sure lol. Honestly I don't see any issues, but we've never had salt before so I have ZERO experience with that and chrome wheels. But I can't see any issues right now, and they're gorgeous when they're clean. The chrome on these is very nice. Hit up Robbie (SuperchargedSS) at OEM Parts Direct, he'll hook ya up. Those will look great on your truck!

So If I have my positive cable running through the boot with the main wiring harness in the firewall is that bad? My amp is 5 channel, runs all speakers and a small sub, and I have it under the back seat with like a 6" ground cable to one of the mounting bolts for the back seat

Nah, that's where mine is run, but I had some excess wire that I just shoved down in the area between the master cylinder and fender and it just happened to rest against those harness connectors. I'm sure you did but did you grind off the paint before you put the ground wire on the seat mount? Unplug the RCAs to see if you're still getting feedback cuz that's easiest and then after that I'd take the ground from the radio out of the harness and run it to it's own place under the dash first.

If you still get crap through the speakers, try the trick in this video. Using some wire to ground the RCAs to the headunit case

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh our definitions are different for sure lol. Honestly I don't see any issues, but we've never had salt before so I have ZERO experience with that and chrome wheels. But I can't see any issues right now, and they're gorgeous when they're clean. The chrome on these is very nice. Hit up Robbie (SuperchargedSS) at OEM Parts Direct, he'll hook ya up. Those will look great on your truck!

Robbie will definitely hook me up lol, I bought my AFs from him. And you pretty much have me sold on these for my winter wheels!

I probably missed it.. But what head unit do you have??

Sent from limp mode cat eye.