Huck's 2006 Sierra Crew

Sounds like we should have a big party where we clean, repaint, and detail the frame and undercarriage
Sent from the seat of a 6.slow

Agreed lol. So far I've got about 7 or 8 vehicles (mostly trucks) that will be getting a full underneath, interior, and exterior detail in the spring

Exhaust looks good!

Looks good buddy

Sent from Tapashit

Thanks guys! I'm really loving it so far. Hoping it breaks in some and gets a tad raspier but overall it's perfect. Here's some sound vids, need to try to get some better ones on a day that's not so windy

Rev and hard takeoff

Mild takeoff

Inside cruising with the windows up

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

Also, my 1600W Pioneer amp and wiring kit came in Thursday, this came in Friday. Bought my sound deadener tonight, still need a steering wheel/OnStar adapter, dash kit, and the headunit. Is there a way to keep the XM option while using the stock sharkfin? Or do you have to put one of those gay little squares on your roof no matter what? I don't wanna do that cuz I hate how they look on light colored trucks
E3kt9gY.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Loading exhaust vids now, if YouTube will cooperate

Here ya go.
0564cfe203da9b8870d108bf08197e25.jpg

5cba3dc177a2c3e520ce029a6118e83c.jpg

You can't see it at all directly from the rear cuz of the hitch. If I was lifted I would've gotten a 15" tip and have it hang down a tad lower

15" tip you say?
ed00d13cee11ca231b43a2a6fdc84a37.jpg

:troll:

Also, my 1600W Pioneer amp and wiring kit came in Thursday, this came in Friday. Bought my sound deadener tonight, still need a steering wheel/OnStar adapter, dash kit, and the headunit. Is there a way to keep the XM option while using the stock sharkfin? Or do you have to put one of those gay little squares on your roof no matter what? I don't wanna do that cuz I hate how they look on light colored trucks
E3kt9gY.jpg

I tried to go that route on my lbz but you have to use the little square i believe.

My xm square is on a little magnetic plate sitting on my dash. Previous owners had it like that. But I like it because it's not on the exterior and it's not stuck to my dash

Thanks Chris :shake:

Welp, spent some more moniez tonight. Didn't really plan on it but said fuck it YOLO I'll just get it out of the way since I'm spending the money anyway and just wait a little while for more mods. Ordered a Pioneer AVH-X5700BHS, dash kit (free), antenna adapter, some ground wire, a PAC steering wheel control/XM/OnStar/chime adapter (turns out you can still retain it, or so is implied) and also bought my sound deadener at Home Depot this afternoon. Been an expensive few days lol

Was going to say you could put the gps receiver on your dash instead of on the roof. Was going to put mine on the dash by PO glued it to the roof and the sumbitch won't come off. :facepalm:

Exhaust sound damn good too. More info on this home depot sound deadener plz.

Was going to say you could put the gps receiver on your dash instead of on the roof. Was going to put mine on the dash by PO glued it to the roof and the sumbitch won't come off. :facepalm:

Exhaust sound damn good too. More info on this home depot sound deadener plz.
Not sure I'll even use the xm but would like the option. This harness adapter says it uses the stock xm interface so I'm assuming that's the sharkfin :shrug: We'll see. You'll like the exhaust I think, seems like it's about what you were saying you wanted and it'd be even a tad quieter inside not being dumped under the bed, but a little louder outside.

You're the one that linked that, I screen shotted it the other night when I stumbled on it. You, me, Aaron, and Ryan were talking about deadener in Aaron's thread, page 132
http://customgm.com/photos/4136-my-first-truck-04-chevrolet-ecrb-4x4-132.htmlFrost
Frost King duct insulation at HD. Got 5 rolls, should be a little over 70sq ft. It's 1/8" thick, idk if I should get more and layer it
3c39f101ea90bbadb31e7fb6c2a95b41.jpg

Last edited:
:rofl: I'm curious to see how it works. Dammit, still need to get some kind of roller for applying it. I've never put sound deadener in anything before

Get a roller for the deadener, I use it in mine bcuz I'm broke all the time and it's cheap. It's a little thinner than the expensive stuff like boom mat and dynamat but for like 1/4 the price I won't complain. It actually sticks better than the dynamat I've used in the past. And works just as good. You can double layer the whole thing and still come out like half price of a name brand deadener lol

Sent from Tapashit