Huck's 2006 Sierra Crew

If your xm signal sucks with antenna on the dash just gut the shark fin and put new antenna in there, that was my plan with 04 but then project Ghetto Blaster happened

Nice oil pressure in the third video :eek:
I know right? I have the new sensor, just keep putting off ordering the knock sensors, gonna do them both while I've got the intake off
Get a roller for the deadener, I use it in mine bcuz I'm broke all the time and it's cheap. It's a little thinner than the expensive stuff like boom mat and dynamat but for like 1/4 the price I won't complain. It actually sticks better than the dynamat I've used in the past. And works just as good. You can double layer the whole thing and still come out like half price of a name brand deadener lol

Sent from Tapashit
:shake: good to hear. I may pick up a couple more rolls and just double up in certain areas
You can keep the GPS reciever in the dash, mine is stuck on the metal beam that runs under/close to the front defrost bar. I have no issues with signal there.
:shake: Didn't think of that. We'll see how this PAC harness is, supposedly it keeps the stock xm stuff

I thought I saw a while back that there is a way to use factory antenna. I think the plug is the same as the little block one. In the video it was a nnbs and the plug to the shark fin was located behind the glove box.

Sent from limp mode cat eye.

If you want to use the oem xm antenna you'll need to buy http://www.amazon.com/SiriusXM-SXV300v1-Connect-Vehicle-Satellite/dp/B00NJTO4CY

I used this with my Pioneer X5500. Oem xm antenna works BAMF
:shake:

did you have an exhaust shop bend that pipe for where its mounted, or did you buy it from somewhere. that's where I want mine dumped
The exhaust shop bent it up, I've had work done there before and the hispanic guy they have doing exhaust is awesome. It's 3", he only had to bend it 4 times. I was in and out in an hour

I thought I saw a while back that there is a way to use factory antenna. I think the plug is the same as the little block one. In the video it was a nnbs and the plug to the shark fin was located behind the glove box.
Sent from limp mode cat eye.

:hmm: I'll have to check that out, thanks!

Am watching the races, decided to go through my stuff. Just waiting for the headunit (gets here tomorrow), PAC harness, and the capacitor to get here and might pick up a couple more rolls of insulation to double up in certain areas. Can't wait to have some toonz again epper:
0b38115633a56526471301480bf0fa9a.jpg

Wasn't planning on doing this yet, was gonna do tows/CM'ing, but was talking speakers at work with our audio guru and sat in his car with a PHENOMENAL system and decided I couldn't be without it any longer.

Last edited:
And originally, I was just gonna do a headunit/subs/box/amp and keep the Bose for the time being to do it "cheap". Realized that's like 3/4 of the price of the whole shebang so I just YOLO'd and did it all

Got Pioneer 6 3/4s for all 4 doors for now. Might upgrade to components later down the road, but I've had these before and they sound great for the price. I have an old 800W Dual 4ch amp left over from one of my Mustangs that'll run all 4 door speakers. I'm gonna run the stock A-pillar tweeters off the headunit and have a 1600W mono-block Pioneer amp for the subs