Dakota's build thread

Ahh, gotcha. So what would be the best formula for the least amount of bumpstop?

Sorry for clouding up your build bread Dakota, last question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesnt bother me man, its not much of a build anymore anyway lol

As some of you may know..ive been having a few wiring issues with the truck, gauges have been acting up and the tranny has been not wanting to shift right and shit..well sunday when I was getting ready to do my ball joints and heims, I found the problem....

Aparently the clip that holds this harness back broke and allowed it to rub on the tire..rubbed through 10 wires! Spent the afternoon tracing them and splicing/heat shrinking them

Wrapped the harness up good and pulled it back out of the way..it fixed all of my problems though!

Gonna do balljoints and heims next Sunday

Yea I was thinking a wire got pinched under the dash somewhere and I was gonna have to track it down. It was right in my face when I took the wheel off lol

Alright brodudes I need a little input. I just replaced all 4 balljoints, installed Brett's heims, and replaced my mcg 2" spindles with oem spindles in hopes to get rid of bumpsteer and front end wobble.

First of all im gonna swap back to mcg spindles because the oem spindles made the ride a lot rougher, but it is still doing the wobble. Ive done some research and apparently jeeps are notorious for it and it is known as "death wobble". Its a very violent shake in the steering wheel when going 45-60mph and hitting a bump. It stops when I slow down below 40.

Ive been reading and mostly everything says its from worn steering components, I just did 4 new balljoints, the hubs are good and of course the heims. I know the passenger inner tierod is bent but would that cause it alone? Or do I need to get pitman and idler arm? Just looking for a little insight..