BARBER's 2003 Chevy LB7 Duramax

Didn't know your black truck had lined rockers

Yep sure do. Was only $450 to do it a couple years back. The clear started peeling on it and back in January he re-cleared it no charge with the warranty on it. I've had people walk up to it to check it out and a minute later they'll finally notice the lining.

IMG_20140607_173824_565_zpsmoxo7v3u.jpg

Accelerated started working on it yesterday. Got a phone call before noon yesterday saying that they will need to relocate some more lines and do some re wiring. Stopped by the shop and the steel coolant line that is on the passenger side will need to be modified with a rubber line in place of it. There's an A/C line that will need to be modified and ran differently. I'm unsure if he will get a new custom line ran for that or what. Then the wiring harness on top of the motor that is inside the plastic housing, some of that plastic will need to be removed and wire loom added for the Y bridge to clear. Not all that huge of a problem, they will get it handled. There's about 10 other small things that they will attend to as well.

Should be going next week sometime. They'll be closed until Monday for New Years. I also got more parts coming. Small list of additional parts that are coming...

Turbo blankets for both turbos.
Air Lift helper bags.
Bilstein steering stabilizer.
(1) Bilstein shock to replace the leaking one on the left rear.
(2) 60" lengths of DOM tubing for traction bars.

Turbo blankets are to be here tomorrow, and I'm guessing my other parts will show up as well. Anyways, I'll run the blankets up to Accelerated and check on the progress. If they don't run into any additional problems the fucker should be running this week and hopefully tuned and done. I'll also take the wheels and tires up and drop them off. When I got them I noticed one rim had no weights on them, so I'll have a tire shop balance it and see if it checks out. I also made a deal with my buddy to buy those chrome 18s and Mud Crapplers from his Suburban. I'll run them this summer and wear them down and either keep them or flip them.

everything sounds good. how much power are you hoping to make?

Should be 600hp or more easily. The turbo's previous owner did over 600hp on stock injectors. I would guess mine could be capable to 625-630 or maybe more, but I don't want it pushing that much on 190k head gaskets without head studs.

Turbo blankets didn't show yesterday, should be here today and will be stopping by to check on the progress.

GAWD DAMN I want this thing driving so badly! Haven't drove it for a good 4 weeks now! :rage:

My buddy has a 68mm vgt on his lly with bigger injectors and a larger cp3 (I don't remember exact specs) that he drag races and uses for sled pulling. He's making right about 650 hp but couldn't get it to run good with the stock injectors.

:lemon: i really want to see this finished and doing boosted launches and stuff

Got a new Go Pro 4 I'll pop its cherry on.

In other news, I mentioned how one of my new wheels and tires didn't have any weights on it. Had it balanced, but there's a spot on the inside lip of the rim that got bent slightly. It balanced out. I'll call 4WP and see what can be done. Stopped by the shop to see how the progress was coming. I'm unsure what it is, I think its the receiver dryer for the A/C that is mounted on the firewall on the passenger side, anyways, there's a sensor that was touching the downpipe. They was trying to find a 90 degree fitting to point the sensor the other direction. If not, they was going to tweak the line the other direction. He was waiting on that before he put on another A/C line back on since it needs to be bent into place slightly. Hook up a battery cable, re route a crank case breather line, turbo blankets, and check fluids and it was going to be ready to fire up. Should be running tomorrow!

Oh, and he will have to trim ANOTHER section of the bracing under the hood since now the charge pipe coming off the s475 hits a part of the hood. :rage:

My buddy has a 68mm vgt on his lly with bigger injectors and a larger cp3 (I don't remember exact specs) that he drag races and uses for sled pulling. He's making right about 650 hp but couldn't get it to run good with the stock injectors.

I feel like if it's got a modded cp3 bigger turbo/injectors it should make more power than that

Sent from limp mode cat eye.

I feel like if it's got a modded cp3 bigger turbo/injectors it should make more power than that

he probably de-tuned because he doesnt want to melt his pistons or blow his bottom end.

Correct, he was told with his turbo it can make 750, but on a stock lly hes left it alone. truck made 11.9 in the quarter too

he probably de-tuned because he doesnt want to melt his pistons or blow his bottom end.

Imo but sled truck turn it up until your burn it up

And my friend just bought a 96 12 valve cummins to build as a new sled truck, shooting for 8-900 hp with it. His dad also has a successful 7.3 obs sled puller that was making 650hp and just got a whole new race built engine that's going to be pretty powerful too