BARBER's 2003 Chevy LB7 Duramax

243ri8g.png

Good work :shake: Need to get you or someone to make me one with the rolling shot from the summer meet. Lol.

In regards to 'Ol Red...had to make a parts run to town this afternoon and dropped some stuff off at Accelerated, they are still trying to figure out something for the sensor I mentioned for the air conditioning. They picked up a 90 degree fitting that didn't work so they are trying to find something else. That, and check the fluids and it will be ready to start and they'll check for any leaks and whatnot.

running yet bruh ?
Hell no. They couldn't find a fitting for that low pressure sensor for the A/C. Spoke to a guy I know who's knowledgeable on A/C systems and I'll be heading into town soon to locate a fitting or have a line made to relocate it.

If not, I'll have them guys mark where the sensor is close to the downpipe, hammer a dent into the pipe and wrap up the wiring with some high heat wrap/wire loom that I have.

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

After I made that post earlier this morning I got a phone call from Accelerated. Informed me that one of the lines going into the filter head was cracked and leaking fuel. I didn't take into consideration the hard lines that go into the filter head when I made the filter bracket. So I had to try and bend one of them out of the way, I guess I ended up cracking one. So I located a used one and got it coming. Also got a filter head re build kit from Merchant Automotive en route too. In the meantime, they'll hook the lines together and bypass the filter head. I'll be fine since I have the Air Dog filtering my fuel for now. I'll have to rebuild my bracket and get a filter head on down the road.

Oh and for those reading this and if you haven't caught on by now.......yes in fact, they had it running this morning!

They had to put in a new neutral safety switch in the transmission, a faulty one was causing it not to start up this morning. The dumb A/C sensor and an A/C line yet and a couple tiny things and it should be done. They're calling for warmer weather the end of this week so that will be perfect for them guys to tune it.

Good news and bad news. Mostly bad news......

Picked it up and one issue they found is when you turn the key to crank the motor, there's about a 1 to 2 second delay before it actually cranks. Never had that problem before. Could be something simple as the solenoid on the starter.

Then more trouble...driving it I noticed my oil pressure wasn't reading. Pulled over stopped and shut it down. Went to access my oil pressure via my CTS. Start and shut down a few times but my CTS started acting up and would go blank. Then my cluster went all ape shit. None of the gauges worked except the tach and speedo. Went to drive it back to Accelerated and it wouldn't shift past second gear. The cluster has something fucked up with it. The guys will diagnose everything and go from there. Probably time for a new cluster.

Another thing, the exhaust is hitting the cab and is also resting on the transmission crossmember. But with it hitting the cab, it's got a god damn rattling/clattering noise. It's bad. It goes away when you're driving it when the motor torques the exhaust to clear. SOLUTION...build a home made body lift. I think using hockey pucks will give me the correct clearance and will allow clearance in other areas especially with the hood hitting the charge pipe.

Good news, got to drive it for the first time for 5, maybe almost 6 weeks. Runs good! A little doggy at first but holy balls when that s475 lights!! Damn its a screaming rocket!! They said if I hooked up the Co pilot, it would help out a lot and lock up the torque convertor quicker. Help with in town driving.