Bagged NBS Thread (99-07c) Pics & Discussion

This is what I've been trying to get across to people in reference to ekstensive's 2 link they sell everyone in Texas.

Just because it works, doesn't make it good. ITDROPT laid some new info on me about the ball joints on these kits failing, probably from people over working the suspension to full lift when it's not needed.

I wish the actual guys that took time to sign up on the forum participated more. They could learn a whole lot about things they're doing and what may need to be changed as well as answer any questions people have about their kits. Taylor from MMW started doing it then just kind of fell off. While most will say that they don't have time to check forums, yet the have someone monitoring they're t-shirt sales online and taking orders during the day. The forum world is a very vital tool to actual product reviews. I have a full time job, go to school full time, and have my family and still spend a ton of time on forums because its my passion and I love to learn and love to help. It rarely takes me over an hour to respond to someone's pm unless they pm me after 11 CST. I feel that it give people peace of mind to know that there are people willing to talk through stuff even if there's no definite answer at the end.

This is what I've been trying to get across to people in reference to ekstensive's 2 link they sell everyone in Texas.

Just because it works, doesn't make it good. ITDROPT laid some new info on me about the ball joints on these kits failing, probably from people over working the suspension to full lift when it's not needed.

I wish the actual guys that took time to sign up on the forum participated more. They could learn a whole lot about things they're doing and what may need to be changed as well as answer any questions people have about their kits. Taylor from MMW started doing it then just kind of fell off. While most will say that they don't have time to check forums, yet the have someone monitoring they're t-shirt sales online and taking orders during the day. The forum world is a very vital tool to actual product reviews. I have a full time job, go to school full time, and have my family and still spend a ton of time on forums because its my passion and I love to learn and love to help. It rarely takes me over an hour to respond to someone's pm unless they pm me after 11 CST. I feel that it give people peace of mind to know that there are people willing to talk through stuff even if there's no definite answer at the end.
I couldn't emphasize this anymore, I have tried speaking to ALL vendors, potential vendors, and just those in general about these sort of things. Some just don't give a shit, some are truly busy, and some are just lazy and do the least amount required of them.

Damn dude? This is EKMW front kit? They welded the shock mount on wrong :snoopfacepalm:

I don't see how it could be anything else. The frame plates are lines up perfectly with the squares in the frame. Everything else works great, it's just the shock mount.
Then again, it could be the shock mount on the plate, bc when I turn laid out the tire hits that shock mount.

Pow. Now you see Brandon. Now you understand bohalls reasoning for making those fancy extenders for my shocks off of my control arms. Minimal angle variation. Players always hatin on my methods. Niggas gone learn

I don't see how it could be anything else. The frame plates are lines up perfectly with the squares in the frame. Everything else works great, it's just the shock mount.
Then again, it could be the shock mount on the plate, bc when I turn laid out the tire hits that shock mount.

If the shock is at an angle at all, that angle is only gonna get worse as the truck lowers. Shit starts binding up. You'll probably have to make your own mounts, at least the lower ones. I haven't personally messed with that kit so I can't speak from experience on thatb

Which should I do? Make scallop cut shims for the mount or cut the mounts off and reweld them on? Second one is kind of hard because I don't have a welder at the moment...

Without a welder your in shitty shape lol. I personally would cut them off carefully and reposition it all at a better angle

You ever consider engineering your own sus products? Everytime someone has a suspension question the answer is always the same WWBD.

While on the subject I am currently running 4" Drop arms and stock everything else. My ball joints are screwed and HATE me. I am taking your advice and going back to stock arms and running 16" spindles and will toss the arms on a shelf for a future project. What about aftermarket balljoints? Whats the best bang for your buck?

You ever consider engineering your own sus products? Everytime someone has a suspension question the answer is always the same WWBD.

While on the subject I am currently running 4" Drop arms and stock everything else. My ball joints are screwed and HATE me. I am taking your advice and going back to stock arms and running 16" spindles and will toss the arms on a shelf for a future project. What about aftermarket balljoints? Whats the best bang for your buck?

i would love to be able to do my own stuff but I don't have the time right now to take on that type commitment. once I graduate from uk Engineering school, my twins will be 5 and starting school. so i will have almost $250 a month, I spend on daycare, back in my pocket. I will not have the 15 hours of school each semester along with my 50 hour work week.

with air suspension the only ball joints you need to consider are moog.

Brett, When you say the Dominator 2600s are stiffer than the RE's are you comparing them to the 7s or 8s? I'd like as much lift as possible in the front and have re8s in storage now, but was thinking about getting the air lifts.

I'm comparing to re-7. The re-7 are stiffer than the re-8's. I used to praise the re-7's but that was before I had the dominators. Now the dominators are the only bag I will recommend

I'm comparing to re-7. The re-7 are stiffer than the re-8's. I used to praise the re-7's but that was before I had the dominators. Now the dominators are the only bag I will recommend

Rode in a local truck with both re-7's and then the dominators and the difference was noticeable for sure. I love my dominators.

i would love to be able to do my own stuff but I don't have the time right now to take on that type commitment. once I graduate from uk Engineering school, my twins will be 5 and starting school. so i will have almost $250 a month, I spend on daycare, back in my pocket. I will not have the 15 hours of school each semester along with my 50 hour work week.

with air suspension the only ball joints you need to consider are moog.
for what it's worth, and I know many try to argue, but MOOG aren't as good as they once were, they started using facilities outside of the US and quality took somewhat of a dive. People have always gone with the saying "moog all the way, made in USA....." etc. Coming from someone who worked at a parts store for 3 years where 90% of our sales were to shops, they aren't the end all anymore. I'm not saying they are shit, but they started lacking not long after seeing them from China, Turkey, and Mexico even.

for what it's worth, and I know many try to argue, but MOOG aren't as good as they once were, they started using facilities outside of the US and quality took somewhat of a dive. People have always gone with the saying "moog all the way, made in USA....." etc. Coming from someone who worked at a parts store for 3 years where 90% of our sales were to shops, they aren't the end all anymore. I'm not saying they are shit, but they started lacking not long after seeing them from China, Turkey, and Mexico even.

i've never had an issue with mine, so I recommend them until I have an issue. It doesn't surprise me that the manufacturing is being outsourced though. from my experience the biggest downfall in the other ball joints i've seen is keeping the boot on the ball joints so that the grease actually stays on the joint.