Bagged NBS Thread (99-07c) Pics & Discussion

yeah, many engineer them retardedly with the boots, I warrantied out a shit ton of those bj's for the shops, and the majority were stock applications. I have a mix of moog and the other LT warranty brand oreilly's uses.

Another thing I noticed with my EKMW front kit is the lower arms rub on my 14" rotors. Brett recommended I try the 2" drop spindle instead of stock. I do have a set of the the MCG 16"+ ones layin around so I'm gonna swap them out and see what it does.

Another thing I noticed with my EKMW front kit is the lower arms rub on my 14" rotors. Brett recommended I try the 2" drop spindle instead of stock. I do have a set of the the MCG 16"+ ones layin around so I'm gonna swap them out and see what it does.

Aren't you supposed to run a drop spindle anyways to lay out on 26's?

From Brett's geometry thread
9ytapyre.jpg

The ekstensive kit says nothing about changing spindles because laying on 24-28 is possible because of tire size. Set it up for a 275/25/28, then a 305/30/26 and a 305/35/24 will fit and you have to do nothing at all.

The reason I put in the drop spindles for 26's or 28's is because I'm basing my comments off running the same series tire on each wheel. In order to do that and get close to the same amount of bag use, either the hub position has to change or the bag bracket has to change.

The reason they say nothing about the brakes is because its not required just like rim companies don't say spacer are required to fit these wheels on your car. It's the mechanic putting them on that tells you. In all reality, they may have not ever tried to do it. I don't recall many of the vehicles they do, to have big brake kits on them.

:roundofapplause:

I'm gonna be taking the rear diff out of my truck soon to narrow it, two questions, is there any way to narrow it more than 1.75" in case I want to run bigger wheels in the future and two, I've heard people running into problems with the brakes the the bolts getting too close to the 4 link. When I weld the ends back on , is there a certain amount I can tilt the ends to make the brakes clean better?

You can't narrow it anymore on the kp kit. You can clock the brake calipers counter clockwise some on the driver side and clockwise on the passenger side but it's easy to clear the bolts on the links buy putting the links on with the bolt heads to the brakes side. Then putting all the brakes on

Last edited:
Welsh they are Demoda DF1's. 24"x10" 25+ offset. Wrapped in Nitto 420s 285/30-24

Last edited: