Bagged NBS Thread (99-07c) Pics & Discussion

Taylor from MMW started doing it then just kind of fell off. While most will say that they don't have time to check forums, yet the have someone monitoring they're t-shirt sales online and taking orders during the day. The forum world is a very vital tool to actual product reviews. I have a full time job, go to school full time, and have my family and still spend a ton of time on forums because its my passion and I love to learn and love to help. It rarely takes me over an hour to respond to someone's pm unless they pm me after 11 CST. I feel that it give people peace of mind to know that there are people willing to talk through stuff even if there's no definite answer at the end.

You have it a bit twisted there man. I am awake 19hours of the average day. I work all of those 19hours, im not at the shop all 19, but im all ways returning emails, phone calls, private messages, every day, weekends, holidays, middle of the night. I post on a number of forums religiously, i average a couple hundred posts a month on Street Source. I am not really allowed to post in these forums like your mentioning, because unlike the average member, i would have to pay the owners of the site, to beable to share this information. To me, that defeats the purpose. When people email me, i reply within an hour, each day, weekends, holidays, middle of the night. Forums like this are vital to people wanting to learn and share knowledge, but I personally do not feel i should have to pay the people of this site, to share that information, in fear that i might mention info of one of my own products and then be banned.

I am an active member of every forum that allows me, and I love contributing info as im able to, but I dont personally enjoy having to post in fear of possibly mentioning a product of my own, and being banned, and for that reason, i dont share a lot of information here. Hell, im building two crew cab 99-06 trucks in my shop right now, but i dont feel like its appropriate for me to post info or pictures of them, because of how ive been warned on posting about our products, so i dont.

You have it a bit twisted there man. I am awake 19hours of the average day. I work all of those 19hours, im not at the shop all 19, but im all ways returning emails, phone calls, private messages, every day, weekends, holidays, middle of the night. I post on a number of forums religiously, i average a couple hundred posts a month on Street Source. I am not really allowed to post in these forums like your mentioning, because unlike the average member, i would have to pay the owners of the site, to beable to share this information. To me, that defeats the purpose. When people email me, i reply within an hour, each day, weekends, holidays, middle of the night. Forums like this are vital to people wanting to learn and share knowledge, but I personally do not feel i should have to pay the people of this site, to share that information, in fear that i might mention info of one of my own products and then be banned.

I am an active member of every forum that allows me, and I love contributing info as im able to, but I dont personally enjoy having to post in fear of possibly mentioning a product of my own, and being banned, and for that reason, i dont share a lot of information here. Hell, im building two crew cab 99-06 trucks in my shop right now, but i dont feel like its appropriate for me to post info or pictures of them, because of how ive been warned on posting about our products, so i dont.

I go by my experiences. I guess I shoudl have used a little more description there. the tshirt statement was more to some other companies, not you. the ones that I have tried to talk to personally that have given me a big fuck you. I have talkedto you and you're a cool guy. thats was a bit of a screw up.

Why can't you answer questions people have about suspension? why can't you post pictures of the things you're doing? Things like this help the sale of your products and draws attention to both you and the forum. This seems like a fucked up rule by the forum, if they limit what you can post because you own a company that does the very thing people are asking about. If you don't want to post about others products out of respect then that's perfectly fine. I just can't understand why anyone that runs a forum would want to limit anything that someone of your status would be willing to share. Shops like yours produce tons of awesome vehicles that a lot of people don't even know about. they just see the truck in a magazine's show coverage but they don't know where it comes from, who built it, or anything. that or someone gets the truck built and puts it on here and knows nothing about the thing.

I can understand not wanting to unviel any of the details on some of your builds maybe until its ready for a magazine shoot but the damn TBSS you guys are building is fucking sick and I've gotten to see it in person but theres a tone of people that don't get that priviledge. that truck is a perfect display of your abilities to build spindles. If someone is limiting your ability to post because of who you are, then thats dumb as hell.

Last edited:
I go by my experiences. I guess I shoudl have used a little more description there. the tshirt statement was more to some other companies, not you. the ones that I have tried to talk to personally that have given me a big fuck you. I have talkedto you and you're a cool guy. thats was a bit of a screw up.

Why can't you answer questions people have about suspension? why can't you post pictures of the things you're doing? Things like this help the sale of your products and draws attention to both you and the forum. This seems like a fucked up rule by the forum, if they limit what you can post because you own a company that does the very thing people are asking about. If you don't want to post about others products out of respect then that's perfectly fine. I just can't understand why anyone that runs a forum would want to limit anything that someone of your status would be willing to share. Shops like yours produce tons of awesome vehicles that a lot of people don't even know about. they just see the truck in a magazine's show coverage but they don't know where it comes from, who built it, or anything. that or someone gets the truck built and puts it on here and knows nothing about the thing.

I can understand not wanting to unviel any of the details on some of your builds maybe until its ready for a magazine shoot but the damn TBSS you guys are building is fucking sick and I've gotten to see it in person but theres a tone of people that don't get that priviledge. that truck is a perfect display of your abilities to build spindles. If someone is limiting your ability to post because of who you are, then thats dumb as hell.

Its just how it is. I deferentially do not agree with it. On other forums i belong to, they wave the advertizing fees for shops that are willing to post regularly in their forum, share build pictures, how to photos, and general information. This forum i guess does not do that. Most others i belong are happy to have someone sharing information , knowledge and most of all pictures on a regular basis, it generates site traffic, and draws new members as well. I understand, the owners of the fourm feel that if I post anything about my products here, that in the long run, I will be making money all this money off their site, so in return, they want paid for it. I wish that was the case, but plain and simple, the markup in this type of area is not what most people think, and honestly the budget is just not there, for what they charge. Thats why most site, are willing to trade information and participation for fees.

In the begining i was asked not to post info and pictures of my products, on day one. So, i stick to it. If someone asks and questions, and in any part of my responce, I would mention something we build, have built or offer , I just do not post.

Taylor

I'm sorry if the statement I made offended you. I had no idea that there was such a rule that would limit everything. Just so you know man. I do push the sale of your products and commend the quality of the work put out. You are a very respectable guy from the time I did talk to you. I always push the Full kit as the better of all the kits am just let people know that it does require a little more work to install than the ekstensive kit but the way it looks in the end on the frame is worth that extra work. I feel that off the tabs were already spaced accordingly on a bracket that the kit would sell even better than it does now. I know the passenger frame rail is a bit of a pain but if your bracket was already bent for the frame with the brackets welded on it, even costing more which I know is purely from the Jeebus joints, I think the ekstensive kit would lose out to yours in sales.

If I didn't have a buddy at a machine shop owe me for some audio stuff I did for him, I would have went with the Jeebus joints. He machined me some spacers and cups for my 1.25" uniballs and with that vein done for free, I was still right at $200 in just the uniballs, bolts, and snap rings

I'm sorry if the statement I made offended you. I had no idea that there was such a rule that would limit everything. Just so you know man. I do push the sale of your products and commend the quality of the work put out. You are a very respectable guy from the time I did talk to you. I always push the Full kit as the better of all the kits am just let people know that it does require a little more work to install than the ekstensive kit but the way it looks in the end on the frame is worth that extra work. I feel that off the tabs were already spaced accordingly on a bracket that the kit would sell even better than it does now. I know the passenger frame rail is a bit of a pain but if your bracket was already bent for the frame with the brackets welded on it, even costing more which I know is purely from the Jeebus joints, I think the ekstensive kit would lose out to yours in sales.

If I didn't have a buddy at a machine shop owe me for some audio stuff I did for him, I would have went with the Jeebus joints. He machined me some spacers and cups for my 1.25" uniballs and with that vein done for free, I was still right at $200 in just the uniballs, bolts, and snap rings

Na, no worries man. I dont get easily offended. Im a pretty laid back guy, kinda have to be in this business haha.

Ya know, had all ways thought about possibly offering the upper bracket set pre-welded to set in place, but my biggest problem with a setup like that is i just absolutely have how it looks, it makes it look cheep in my opinion when installed, too much like a "bolt in" kit. I like the look of the necessary brackets welded cleanly to the frame, all from .250 plate, and i like the upper bag mount fit for each specific wheel and tire setup, so there is no wasted lift, also all from .250 plate.

I actually will be offering an updated kit for these trucks soon, that may be viewed as more installer friendly, but i wont go to indepth about it, dont want to ruffle any feathers.

Taylor

I totally understand what your saying. Mine is done the same way yours. I want thinking something like the one you do for ford trucks. Just a connection bar to keep all the tab spaced properly. Don't do anything with the bag bracket already welded on. I have explained the downfalls to that 10000x.

I totally understand what your saying. Mine is done the same way yours. I want thinking something like the one you do for ford trucks. Just a connection bar to keep all the tab spaced properly. Don't do anything with the bag bracket already welded on. I have explained the downfalls to that 10000x.

We actually do have them setup like that, but on the first set we sold, the customer said it was too hard to figure out, so we never did it again. I like them that way personally, we do all our other kits like that, chevy, dodge, ford... whatever. IT keeps a clean kit on the frame, but also makes it kind of fall together.

I have a new twist on the kit soon, may be able to make it more appealing.

Taylor

We actually do have them setup like that, but on the first set we sold, the customer said it was too hard to figure out, so we never did it again. I like them that way personally, we do all our other kits like that, chevy, dodge, ford... whatever. IT keeps a clean kit on the frame, but also makes it kind of fall together.

I have a new twist on the kit soon, may be able to make it more appealing.

Taylor

adding heim steering is the biggest thing the kit needs.

Taylor i agree,heims cost me about 150
I can almost say i almost went Emw,just because they had heims, but you offered jeebus joints and your kit is $250 more very reasonable upgrade imo
While mmw was lacking heims that i had to get someone to machine for me and wait etc.
Heim joints can be cheap if bought bulk,and you have the machining down pat,with just a small price increase,i belive the sales would pick up on most kits because its a complete fullkit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

correction, you have to pay to push your product, just like any vendor. I don't know what sites you are going on, but not one site I know of allows vendors a pardon just by posting info. If you want to be helpful, be helpful, we appreciate it, however, if you want to promote your stuff, you have to pay. In which our fees are the lowest you will find. Unlike some places, we aren't here for a profit and in fact this site cost us more to run than most can understand. Neither me nor Brett have made a dime from this place, nor plan to. The payments form vendors goes directly to server fees.

Its just how it is. I deferentially do not agree with it. On other forums i belong to, they wave the advertizing fees for shops that are willing to post regularly in their forum, share build pictures, how to photos, and general information. This forum i guess does not do that. Most others i belong are happy to have someone sharing information , knowledge and most of all pictures on a regular basis, it generates site traffic, and draws new members as well. I understand, the owners of the fourm feel that if I post anything about my products here, that in the long run, I will be making money all this money off their site, so in return, they want paid for it. I wish that was the case, but plain and simple, the markup in this type of area is not what most people think, and honestly the budget is just not there, for what they charge. Thats why most site, are willing to trade information and participation for fees.

In the begining i was asked not to post info and pictures of my products, on day one. So, i stick to it. If someone asks and questions, and in any part of my responce, I would mention something we build, have built or offer , I just do not post.

Taylor

and once again, incorrect. Never did I say, and I am quite certain Brett didn't either, that you can't post info. But you had advertising info in your sig if I remember correctly.

If you would like to further discuss it, I am available via pm, email or phone. I could care what you post, but all we ask is that you don't promote products as it isn't fair to PAYING vendors.

Taylor i agree,heims cost me about 150
I can almost say i almost went Emw,just because they had heims, but you offered jeebus joints and your kit is $250 more very reasonable upgrade imo
While mmw was lacking heims that i had to get someone to machine for me and wait etc.
Heim joints can be cheap if bought bulk,and you have the machining down pat,with just a small price increase,i belive the sales would pick up on most kits because its a complete fullkit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

I have to ask this, but why dont you use your stock tie rod ends flipped? Every one of these trucks ive done here in the past, i clip the rack, and clip the stock end, and run it. I personally like it, its a greaseable joint, unlike the heim, and since heims are not 100% sealed like uni-balls, thats a big plus. None of the kits ive seen from other companies have used nice enough heims to make them a big upgrade, there usually cheep 10$ heim joints, that will rust and wear out in a relatively short period of time. Ive been able to align and setup all of them ive done here with stock ends, can keep them aligned through the entire travel, with as much as a 1.5" narrowed front end. When the stock end is flipped, it puts the center pivot of the steering at the exact same point as a heim joint with a .750 spacer.

We offer the heim steering kits for these, its just not a standard addition to the kit, mainly because ive never needed it on any of them ive personally done.

Last edited:
Jared, I was asked to refrain from mentioning products i produce or sell, without paying you to do so. Posting info is fine, right? as long as i dont refrence any of my products in the info? Well, most of my replies would have refrences to parts we have made, do make or are cuttently making, so i cannot post much of any helpful reply without refrencing my own products, because my own products are what I know, my experiences are what I know.

Streetsource.com
355nation.com
duallyscene.com
c10forum.com
dropndrag.com

Those are all sites off the top of my head that trade either tech information for users, or general participation as a payment for the ability to be able to refrence, mention and talk about products you produce as a business. There are more, but off the top of my head, those are the ones i visit regularly.

Taylor

I could really care less if you reference it, but pm'ing, or replying to peoples post in reference just to your product in hopes to market and sell it to them would be frowned upon. That would be like us sneaking our site on your webpage, slapping stickers on your rides without permission, etc.

I don't see what the big deal is, you are still here giving help, and not a paying vendor. As long as you abide by the simple rules you will be fine, I for one am excited that you are here. I plan on bagging my crew cab this year sometime if things permit me to.

I would probably have the same attitude as Taylor would in this situation also. Too much trouble to tip toe around mentioning my product. I'd rather just stfu or not post at all.

I would probably have the same attitude as Taylor would in this situation also. Too much trouble to tip toe around mentioning my product. I'd rather just stfu or not post at all.

Thats kind of the way i see it. If someone asks a question in the forum about bagging their truck, how am i supposed to answer that without mentioning my own products? or suggesting my own products? My own products are what i use, what i reccoment and what i believe in.

Its not a big deal, but thats just how i had seen it from day one with what i was asked from the begining, so i stopped contributing to the site. The advertising rates for this site are reasonable, but there is just not enough traffic for the small niche of product I sell, to offset the cost, theres not even a dedicated adjustable suspension forum, its still lumped in with lowering.

I love the site, i like the layout and i like the setup much better that other GM based sites, and all my inital post was doing was answering a question posed earlier, i mean no disrespect to the people who run the site, and never have. I dont blame you for wanting to generate money from advertisers, thats how this stuff works.

Taylor

I'm sorry I charge people to advertise on my site. Like Jared said we are a negative profit site. I pay a decent car payment amount a month to keep this place up and running. With the traffic we get right now I could easily screw everyone over and blast the site with advertisments and links but I swore when Jared and I opened this place I wouldn't stoop so low. So the little bit of money I get from vendors and our awesome members goes directly to keeping us alive and taking some of the stress off me so I can pay for gas to get to work and defend whats left of this country.

I have no problem with you posting your shops current projects our you giving advice but It wouldn't be fair to the paying vendors if I gave u a break because u might post more than them. Show some self control and just come and hang out. If your really passionate about what you do then who cares if you can or cannot push your product for free on a website.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2