2013 Sierra 6.2 4x4 thread

its rotating mass and it makes a huge difference in mpg, the surface area of the tire can make a big difference too i mean look at race bicycles there is a reason why they have such skinny tires ,and wind resistance because he is now lower there is less air he has to move,
all this adds up in the end

Lol at comparing bike tires to truck tires. The race bikes tires are 50% of the width of other bike tires. Completely different when comparing to those.

atanezur.jpg

At 55 when I'd set it it would start at 12 and average out around 10.5. Last night it started at 14.3 and averaged out about 13.1. So I dunno, maybe I didn't go long enough to let it average.

Looks mo better with Toyos.

Thanks man!

if you get drone just toss a dynamax bullet inline to quiet it down

Will deff keep this in thought. I think it was u that told me about a cutout? I've been thinking hard on it. LT's and no cats on a 6.2 is gunna be fuckin loud.. Lately my straights have just been getting on my nerves when I'm trying to talk on the phone. So a magnaflow is more than likely what I will do. Lately loud has just been getting old lol so glad these toyos aren't loud like the iroks

Sent from Tapashit

I LOVED my 22" 3" I/O Magnaflow. Best exhaust I've had on a truck yet. I have to have exhaust on my DD that doesn't drone/resonate inside the cab and the Magnaflow did the trick. If I want to drive something obnoxious loud, I get on the Harley.

Last edited:
I LOVED my 22" 3" I/O Magnaflow. Best exhaust I've had on a truck yet. I have to have exhaust on my DD that doesn't drone/resonate inside the cab and the Magnaflow did the trick. If I want to drive something obnoxious loud, I get on the Harley.
Yea, the loudness is cool and all but ive just been getting tired of it the last couple weeks..

+1 for the magnaflow, loved mine. Also look at spintech and borla. All 3 great tone, spintech being the loudest
both sound good. Damn near the same tone.. Ill check on the spintech

dual xr1's
Chevrolade Cammed 08' Silverado - YouTube

22" magnaflow
Magnaflow Cammed LY6 - YouTube

ok so im looking at these mufflers from magnaflow

5x8 oval race series
3.5in./3.5in. 14in. body part #14151

6" round race series
3.5in./3.5in. 14in. body Part #14161

5x8 oval
3in./3in. 14in. body Part #12219

4" round "magnapack"
3in./3in. 14in. body Part #14419

6" round case
3in./3in. 14in. body Part #12619

anyone know the true difference between the race mufflers and the regular ones? I really like how the race mufflers have a 3.5"in/3.5"out

edit: would a 4" exhaust be to much?

Last edited:
IIRC Tony that sells the reproduction wheels with the trailblazer was talking about loosing HP and mpgs with the 4" on the 6.2s. He recommends the 3.5". Personally I'd go with the 14161, only difference between the round and oval is the ovals are used more by lower vehicles for ground clearance. Don't think you have to worry about that lol.

IIRC Tony that sells the reproduction wheels with the trailblazer was talking about loosing HP and mpgs with the 4" on the 6.2s. He recommends the 3.5". Personally I'd go with the 14161, only difference between the round and oval is the ovals are used more by lower vehicles for ground clearance. Don't think you have to worry about that lol.

That's the one I'm leaning ATM. I'm guessing it would be pretty much the same as a glasspack bc the way it's made?

Also, Alex came up with a 2 good points. The smell of not running cats and my warranty. I still have some warranty left so I don't wanna completely fuck myself yet.. Truck has 13k miles lol are the headers really worth loosing warranty completely or should I just put muffler now and headers later? Also thinkin about doing a catted Y instead of a non catted bc of smell. Thoughts..

Sent from Tapashit

NorcalSS is his name, couldn't remember last night. I'd just do a catted Y, and muffler for now.