2013 Sierra 6.2 4x4 thread

Haha never mind that. Run an XR-1 with no cats on LTs and you'll never turn back. If I can find the video I'll post it

Edit: found it, it's a dB Black my b, but it sounds mean as fuck on a 5.3, imagine it on a 6.2 www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-SuXFK7-Ao&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

2 guys around here with 6.2's that I met off GMFS has those 2 setups. Lpp LT's, high flow cats and a corsa db black and the other has ARH LT's, no cats and a 24" XR-1. The corsa sounds good, but I like the sound of a catless magnaflow/bullet set up more. Magnaflow has more of a deep tone and the bullet is just nasty lol As far as the XR-1, I haven't herd my buddies but the ones I've seen on YouTube all just sounds really quiet :shrug:

Sent from Tapashit

Just want to point this out... YouTube videos sound nothing like the real thing. You can't replicate the sound on a video like you can in person, unless you are watching your YouTube videos at an IMAX theater.

Just want to point this out... YouTube videos sound nothing like the real thing. You can't replicate the sound on a video like you can in person, unless you are watching your YouTube videos at an IMAX theater.

Ill agree to this to a certain extent. Mine sounds damn close on YouTube vs in person.

Sent from Tapashit

yzava2u3.jpg

Sent from Tapashit

too much cali IMO besides that i liked it better before but lower the front a lil and it would make a nice DD

Looks badass..now clear the heads, buy a muffler and leave the damn thing alone already :lol:
That now makes 4 badass trucks with those wheels on here..

too much cali IMO besides that i liked it better before but lower the front a lil and it would make a nice DD
I actually really don't have that much Cali. Maybe 1-1.5". It's just the way I'm parked imo but more than likely I am going to drop front/back a little and roll it. Already turns sooooooo much better lol

Looks badass..now clear the heads, buy a muffler and leave the damn thing alone already :lol:
That now makes 4 badass trucks with those wheels on here..

Thanks man! Clears and cm are on the list but I think headers/cai/exhaust/retune will be my next thing. Cost pretty much the same as UCA's/lower front/smaller block so I think I'll put that on the back burner for the 2nd project. Then I'll do clears/cm/switchbacks.

I was the first one on here with them! :crossarms:

Sent from my fuckin iPad

I actually liked the way mine sounded with headers, ory and the aero turbine. but I threw a cat in it because it was way to damn loud in the cab with no cat. With cat it's about the same outside, just like stock while cruising on the inside, just some food for though. I also recently drove my truck over to the next town with open headers for fun, that is probably one of the best sounding things I've heard, and I like loud exhaust like Jimmy too.

The guys that are telling you no cats will sound like shit must also like their classic muscle cars with the stock mufflers still too. Because I think the best sounding thing out there is a pair of true duals straight out the back like any old muscle car, albeit it may not be ideal for a dd setup

35's definitely looked better but I understand the reasoning (kind of) behind selling them, but whatever, it's your parents money ;). Did you put the spacers on Jimmy? The rear wheels sure looked tucked in, at least from your picture angles.

I actually liked the way mine sounded with headers, ory and the aero turbine. but I threw a cat in it because it was way to damn loud in the cab with no cat. With cat it's about the same outside, just like stock while cruising on the inside, just some food for though. I also recently drove my truck over to the next town with open headers for fun, that is probably one of the best sounding things I've heard, and I like loud exhaust like Jimmy too.

The guys that are telling you no cats will sound like shit must also like their classic muscle cars with the stock mufflers still too. Because I think the best sounding thing out there is a pair of true duals straight out the back like any old muscle car, albeit it may not be ideal for a dd setup
At least someone understands.. Lol but I didnt know about the drone inside the cab. Thanks for the heads up. I get drone bad now but I think it's the tip.. On my lbz I had, I could barley hear my exhaust unless I stomped on it but when I put my 8" on it can drone was horrible. The more people I talk to the more I'm leaning on magnaflow. It'll be a smaller one but will probly end up being a magnaflow.

35's definitely looked better but I understand the reasoning (kind of) behind selling them, but whatever, it's your parents money ;). Did you put the spacers on Jimmy? The rear wheels sure looked tucked in, at least from your picture angles.

It was deff wider with the 35's but they were wearing down fast as shit and gas mileage was shit. Heading home yesterday I was avg 13 instead of 10 when I reset it so I was pretty happy lol spacers aren't on yet. Hopefully will get those on soon.

And my parents haven't paid a penny for anything else since march lol. All the mount/balancing and extra couple hundred over I paid on top of what I sold the 35's for was all my money. I have $1400 left to pay them. They paid the 3200 originally for the iroks/diesels and nothing else since. So that's what I'm paying them for. :crazy:

Sent from Tapashit

Don't get your panties in a bunch I was just messing. You probably know this but you will have to grind down the studs (do not grind any threads) in order to fit the 1.5" spacers.

At least someone understands.. Lol but I didnt know about the drone inside the cab. Thanks for the heads up. I get drone bad now but I think it's the tip.. On my lbz I had, I could barley hear my exhaust unless I stomped on it but when I put my 8" on it can drone was horrible. The more people I talk to the more I'm leaning on magnaflow. It'll be a smaller one but will probly end up being a magnaflow.

It was deff wider with the 35's but they were wearing down fast as shit and gas mileage was shit. Heading home yesterday I was avg 13 instead of 10 when I reset it so I was pretty happy lol spacers aren't on yet. Hopefully will get those on soon.

And my parents haven't paid a penny for anything else since march lol. All the mount/balancing and extra couple hundred over I paid on top of what I sold the 35's for was all my money. I have $1400 left to pay them. They paid the 3200 originally for the iroks/diesels and nothing else since. So that's what I'm paying them for. :crazy:

Sent from Tapashit

I am calling BS on this statement though. There is a 3 pound difference per tire between the 35" iroks and 33" toyos that you now have. If you want to get all scientific on the amount of surface area that comes in contact with the road surface at any given point between the 14.5" wide Irok's and 12.50" wide toyo's, that may make a very minimal difference in mpg. So basically you are telling us that if I remove a couple hammers and a receiver hitch from the tool box in my bed I can see a 3 mpg increase? BRB going to remove entire toolbox. :crazy:

I am calling BS on this statement though. There is a 3 pound difference per tire between the 35" iroks and 33" toyos that you now have. If you want to get all scientific on the amount of surface area that comes in contact with the road surface at any given point between the 14.5" wide Irok's and 12.50" wide toyo's, that may make a very minimal difference in mpg. So basically you are telling us that if I remove a couple hammers and a receiver hitch from the tool box in my bed I can see a 3 mpg increase? BRB going to remove entire toolbox. :crazy:

there is more of a mechanical advantage with the 33s vs 35s and possibly bump engine speed into power band so even tho it is running more RPM its actually working easier

its rotating mass and it makes a huge difference in mpg, the surface area of the tire can make a big difference too i mean look at race bicycles there is a reason why they have such skinny tires ,and wind resistance because he is now lower there is less air he has to move,
all this adds up in the end