01 Burgundy Z71

You can throw a converter in on a stock cam. All it does it when you stall up it
Let's the motor rev higher then stock which helps off the line. Only down side is some you have to be careful about pulling with one. But I have heard you can pull with yanks and circle d converters.

Got a quote from Ron's machine shops for 4.30's and master install kit front and rear and they were more then 4.56's.

I would say I drive 50/50. Maybe a little more town then anything. Tires are 33's or 305's.

I'm thinking a converter is next. Un sure.
Looking for what would be best bang for the buck.

Opinions??

Sent from my iPhone

Pics of your girl then???

And I wouldn't do 4:56s, these trucks get shitty mileage with 3:73s you know how bad it will get with 4:56 and looser converter. Just remember speed and performance mods will usually sacrifice gas mileage and daily drive-ability. That being said I would look into getting a cam for your 6.0 if you really want to put a converter, and forget the gears for 33s

You can throw a converter in on a stock cam. All it does it when you stall up it
Let's the motor rev higher then stock which helps off the line. Only down side is some you have to be careful about pulling with one. But I have heard you can pull with yanks and circle d converters.

Got a quote from Ron's machine shops for 4.30's and master install kit front and rear and they were more then 4.56's.

I would say I drive 50/50. Maybe a little more town then anything. Tires are 33's or 305's.

I'm thinking a converter is next. Un sure.
Looking for what would be best bang for the buck.

Opinions??

Sent from my iPhone

How many miles are on your truck? We just changed the fluid in my buddy's Z and his rear is on it's way out with 160k. I would def look into getting gears/trutrac first. You'll gain performance and mileage back and keep your trans happy. With that heavy wheel/tire combo, you're effectively back to running 265s with like a 3.08 rear gear once you factor in height and weight

One thing to keep in mind, that converter is gonna make you wanna drive your truck harder cuz it's more fun. That's gonna put more stress on your rear end. That G80 is not nice at all.

Pics of your girl then???

And I wouldn't do 4:56s, these trucks get shitty mileage with 3:73s you know how bad it will get with 4:56 and looser converter. Just remember speed and performance mods will usually sacrifice gas mileage and daily drive-ability. That being said I would look into getting a cam for your 6.0 if you really want to put a converter, and forget the gears for 33s

Cam will be awhile. Not to concerned about gas milage, just wanting a little more. I have heard a converter makes a pretty good difference.

How many miles are on your truck? We just changed the fluid in my buddy's Z and his rear is on it's way out with 160k. I would def look into getting gears/trutrac first. You'll gain performance and mileage back and keep your trans happy. With that heavy wheel/tire combo, you're effectively back to running 265s with like a 3.08 rear gear once you factor in height and weight

One thing to keep in mind, that converter is gonna make you wanna drive your truck harder cuz it's more fun. That's gonna put more stress on your rear end. That G80 is not nice at all.

190k on truck. I replaced rear end couple thousand ago. G80 still works, as of now. If it ever goes maybe gears.

I already drive her hard lol. Im hard on it, dont mean to be, just the way I drive I guess.

decisions decisions.

Time to change the oil.

Thinking Delco filter. I ran castrol full syn in the 5.3, not sure what I want to run in the 6.0. Ideas?? It's fixing to be hot as hell in GA also.

Also thinking about changing both diff's and trans case also.

Any ideas on what fuilds for them? Name, and why you like them?

I know it's a beaten subject but thanks for the opinions.

Sent from my iPhone

Also might get some rear shocks.

My rearend is hopping going down the road, so I'm thinking it's shocks and a new set will cut out some of that.

Might buy something at autoparts store tomorrow or either order some bilsteins

Sent from my iPhone

If it isn't one thing, it's another.

Brakes go from a little squeak to full out raping the rotors. WTF!

Checked the pads when I put the new rims and tires on and they were about 1/8 from the little metal tabs. Guess they went quick!

Couple questions

1) how can you tell if your rotors are shot? I guess mine will be since its grinding.

2) what pads are y'all using/ why you like them/ do they dust bad?

3) I imagin I need rotors so what do y'all recommend and why?

Thanks for the help guys.

Would y'all do the 05 brake upgrade that you can do on these trucks? For better stopping power?

If the truck shakes under braking, it's time for new rotors. For the price of turning them, you might as well get new ones. For pads and rotors, I just went with all AC Delco OEM shit. New rotors with ceramic pads. It's pricey but worth it.

The 05+ had bigger rotors and dual piston calipers. Much better stopping power.

Been thinking of getting a 40k cooler.

I have the stock cooler. Is the 40k that much better?

Pros? Cons?

I have read about them just want personal opinions.

Also where are y'all getting them from? Is around 140 or less a deal?

if you are wanting to put a lift on i would suggest getting one that will allow you to return to stock if you choose down the road. Wish i could.

Why do you say that? Most lifts, even if you have to cut the lower control arm pocket and diff, you can still weld that piece back on and buy a new ear or new diff, more work yes, but it can be done.

Been thinking of getting a 40k cooler.

I have the stock cooler. Is the 40k that much better?

Pros? Cons?

I have read about them just want personal opinions.

Also where are y'all getting them from? Is around 140 or less a deal?

Idk about price, haven't researched it enough but I'll be doing a 40k cooler down the road. Just a little insurance for the trans, keeps it alot cooler. If you don't haul/tow much I wouldn't worry too much about it but I do on a pretty regular basis so it's just insurance for me. 156k+ on my original trans too, wanna make her last as long as possible

You already know what I think for the lift :cheeky: