Static NBS Thread 99-07c

There's a bed support directly above the pumpkin. Takes like 10 minutes to cut with the bed off. I'm only 6" and sometimes I'd hit it. Rarely though. But with the bed off I would just do it anyway.

As in what it entails? Well first, you gotta get dem driveshafts. Make sure you get the carrier as well. Take yours out. Put new in. Pow. Lol

i talked to joey about a 2 piece, he used some aluminum to make a bolt in cross member. then bolted an old carrier bearing bracket to that cross member. said he was gonna try manufacturing a few, but couldnt figure out that bracket he had. seems very easy, ill definately be doing it. dnw a gernade blowing up under my truck lol.

Bam.

Quite a few people have been messaging me lately asking about how I did my 2pc, so I figured I'd make a thread on it. The big ass 1pc shaft usually becomes a problem when you lower a ccsb 4"+ in the back. There's quite a few ways to do it, but this is how I did mine..

Removed the 1 pc, and put the 2 pc to see where the new cross member needs to go and what's in the way.

The evap canister was the only thing that needed to be moved, so I started on that. This is how it sits stock
93fef09f.jpg

Take all of that out and make a new bracket to mount it sideways. I just used a piece of alum flatbar and bent it over the top of the frame.
48d49076.jpg

Then drilled holes and bolted it to the frame
73ba6825.jpg

933a70bf.jpg

So this is how it should look now, or something close to this as long as you can mount a new cross member under it.
6c1fd816.jpg

There isn't much strain on the carrier bearing at all, so I just used a piece of 3" alum C channel I had laying in the shop, and a bracket out of a carrier bearing relocation kit since it was already slotted for the carrier bearing mounting holes and would be somewhat adjustable. I cut the xmember to fit inside the frame rails on the inner lip since i couldn't weld it on.
3892defa.jpg

ed4cd503.jpg

4f5e8c1f.jpg

8455265c.jpg

I don't have any final installed pics but I just set the cross member inside the rails on the inner lip and put the carrier bearing in it, then used ubolts from the bottom to hold the cross member. This also makes it removable. The ubolts hang down like 1/4" which I was worried about at first but I've had them like that for probably 20k miles and even after dragging on them quite a few times they're still strong. ubolts I used, except longer:
31966_L1

Next time I get under my truck I'll snap some pictures of it mounted in, thought I had some but I can't find them now. Hope this helps :cheers:

No guys want to know if a ECSB can run my driveshaft and it be fine..

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

Yes were going to straight trade if mine will work in his truck, his is 3/6 will it still work? Also can I just take the crossmember out of my buddy's truck and weld it onto mine?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Not really if he doesn't ever plan on going lower, I didn't start having any problems with mine rubbing until I was at 8"