Static NBS Thread 99-07c

ima run 7" on the cc with a avs notch just for the added depth of the notch. shouldnt bottom out even with out helpers.

install was very easy. had one on the green truck.do a vertical pie cut at the front of the notch. put it to the side of the frame hit it with a hammer and it will bend to that kink in the frame, then start the welding. done.

Thats a mean ass 1-2 shift :hmm: :rock:

Dat vette servo and bb tune..

I fucking hate these BT shocks, I can't say it enough...and many more are starting to figure it out too. Always heard good things about DT shocks though. Someone said they make the summit white shocks iirc

I don't understand your hate for BT SP shocks, I love mine...

Come to the house homie. We pull that bed and cut that support out. Instant 2" of clearance.

I cut mine out when we did my drop and I still hit when I shift hard.

heard summit/dt shocks were stiff as shit. i had belltech street performers and didnt have a problem.

ima run 7" on the cc with a avs notch just for the added depth of the notch. shouldnt bottom out even with out helpers.

I can let all the psi out of mine and I don't bottom out at 8" I actually love the ride of about 5 psi where I get more shock movement than helpers...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Which support is it? I'm gonna be pulling my bed to do body work on it at the same time I drop the truck. Might as well do this too.

Your only going 4/6 right? You won't need too unless you think you might go lower later on... but then you might as well get a stepnotch and do it now too. IMO

Your only going 4/6 right? You won't need too unless you think you might go lower later on... but then you might as well get a stepnotch and do it now too. IMO

Yeah only 4/6. Maybe 7 or 8 with helpers eventually but that's it. Not needed?

At 7" or 8" yeah I would do it, but I would also get AVS notch... I say go ahead while bed is off and do it actually cause your already thinking lower and it's a 10-15 min job if you have the tools... mines been cut since drop and I still hit bed lol but never bottomed out..

IMG_2145.jpg

IMG_6183.jpg

IMG_7969.jpg

got more photos from Bohall today

Colyn, does the AVS notch sit under the bed or did you have to cut the bed floor?

sits under the bed tony, but there is a piece of 2" square tubing thats part of the notch that sits on top of the frame rail. so at minimum, youll have to cut that support where that 2" tubing is. or you can just cut the whole thing off.