Static NBS Thread 99-07c

Buy good shocks, get some ridetech/fox/king etc for your ride. Belltech sucked dick. I don't care what anyone says. Once you ride in a truck that has nice shocks then you realize why they spent more. Friend of mine has the same coilovers with a nice set of rear shocks and man that thing rode better than my truck did with the Fronteir monroe shocks and belltech street performance. you dont need a 2 piece, but it would be a good swap.

Buy good shocks, get some ridetech/fox/king etc for your ride. Belltech sucked dick. I don't care what anyone says. Once you ride in a truck that has nice shocks then you realize why they spent more. Friend of mine has the same coilovers with a nice set of rear shocks and man that thing rode better than my truck did with the Fronteir monroe shocks and belltech street performance. you dont need a 2 piece, but it would be a good swap.

Thanks. I know you replied in my thread I started and said to go coilovers. They just arent in the budget. I think Id be happy at 3/6 too so I could have be leveled out. Pricing it out piece by piece. Maybe I can save a buck or two and put it towards more parts!

Know that with the mcg 16 spindles youll be removing the lower balljoint which has proven to be a pain in the ass. Also if you want to keep a factory turning radius youll be grinding on the spindles too. Ive noticed a loss in turning with all spindles ive had but ive never had the 16" so i dont know if thats more. With a 4 6 on 265 35 22 you should be good without any minitubbing. As far as 2 pc, i would. Me and a buddy are about to start looking into making crossmembers for the carrier bearings and hopefully will be bolt in. My 1pc ln my cc stock has rub marks. Your going to need a notch, i prefer a underbed weld in as the weld ins are a shit ton easier to install then the bolt ons. If you plan on towing, definitely get helpers

Last edited:
Know that with the mcg 16 spindles youll be removing the lower balljoint which has proven to be a pain in the ass. Also if you want to keep a factory turning radius youll be grinding on the spindles too. Ive noticed a loss in turning with all spindles ive had but ive never had the 16" so i dont know if thats more. With a 4 6 on 265 35 22 you should be good without any minitubbing. As far as 2 pc, i would. Me and a buddy are about to start looking into making crossmembers for the carrier bearings and hopefully will be bolt in. My 1pc ln my cc stock has rub marks. Your going to need a notch, i prefer a underbed weld in as the weld ins are a shit ton easier to install then the bolt ons. If you plan on towing, definitely get helpers

let me get dat xmember

It wasn't really a pain in the ass. I made a write up here.

its pain to grind those spindles....lots of test fitting and going back n forth making sure ur grinding at the right spot....not to mention the BJ flip if ur still running oem LBJs. Theyre VERY well worth the hassle tho...no more bumpsteer and the turning radius is better than the 17"+

No giarentees on the bolt in crossmebrr yet. We havent started it yet but well be trying it out on me and his cc.

Make a notch in the lca. Install spacer. Bolt together. Grind down, toss in and turn. Grind some more. Less is more. Be smart and go slow.

Removing the oem bj was the hardest thing. I'll never do it again. I'll buy a new lca with bj.

Ive seen some bolt in ones before but they bolt to the bottom of the frame. Obvioysly not really and option for lowered trucks