Static NBS Thread 99-07c

Yeah I figured. They're rated for 5-7"rear drop. I'm gonna add air into the shocks and see if it gets better if not. I'll order the shocks next friday..

What's up fellas.. Frosty here noob to the forum.. I just recently dropped my 04 nbs Silverado 1500 ext a week ago.. Drop is a Mcg 5/7 flip and notch kit.. I bought the truck with 18" rims.. American racing but I had a set of 26s.. So I had them on the truck when I dropped it..my question or issue is of course wheel clearance.. The 26"s rims look great in size and fill the well.. Got 305/30/26 tires and the tuck under my front fenders with 1 1/2 clearance from top of the well.. My issue is turning.. What size tire would work with that drop on my truck with 26s I have on them or what's best size tire to get on these 18s until I have time to tub and bag it..

Also looking for some folks in the area that are dropping and bagging to kick it and join with if there are any..
I'll get some pictures up later.. Thanks to all before hand.. A lot of rides look sick on this thread.. L8tr

What's up fellas.. Frosty here noob to the forum.. I just recently dropped my 04 nbs Silverado 1500 ext a week ago.. Drop is a Mcg 5/7 flip and notch kit.. I bought the truck with 18" rims.. American racing but I had a set of 26s.. So I had them on the truck when I dropped it..my question or issue is of course wheel clearance.. The 26"s rims look great in size and fill the well.. Got 305/30/26 tires and the tuck under my front fenders with 1 1/2 clearance from top of the well.. My issue is turning.. What size tire would work with that drop on my truck with 26s I have on them or what's best size tire to get on these 18s until I have time to tub and bag it..

Also looking for some folks in the area that are dropping and bagging to kick it and join with if there are any..
I'll get some pictures up later.. Thanks to all before hand.. A lot of rides look sick on this thread.. L8tr
Do you have any pictures with the 26s?

sent from Droid Turbo 2 on Tapatalk

06c064a5c2a904aff90b582ad2d7b8a8.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's pouring rain here.. I'll take better shot later.. This is the only pic I have done right after I dropped.. Few days ago.

It's pouring rain here.. I'll take better shot later.. This is the only pic I have done right after I dropped.. Few days ago.

Should make an intro an post before an after pics! Welcome to the group btw

New brake kit was supposed to be here today, but we had a tsunami so I guess that delayed the truck. Hopefully tomorrow, planning on putting them on this weekend.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

For now yes my buddy has some 22 but I'm waiting till after the drop not sure of the offset

sent from galaxy s6

I do already have 275 45 on them already so they will stay for a while I'd like to get some tahoes like yours

sent from galaxy s6

Ok. I have read through, well skimmed, 71 pages of this thread only to get more and more confused. So much so that I had even talked myself into trading the truck for a 4 door Wrangler and going back to the off road world. I decided against the 5/7 and think that 4/6 is what I want. 3/5 maybe more so it settles into a 4/6 but I like the McG stuff and they dont have a kit. Plus it doesn't matter 2/4, 3/5, 4/6 are all about the same cost. So let me see if I am correct in my thinking. I need 16+ spindles and possibly trim them. With a 4/6 on an 05 crew cab running 265/35/22 i will have enough clearance and most likely will not need to mini tub or roll fenders? Driveshaft, possibly need to swap? I have the 1 piece aluminum now. NOt really wanting to do a lot of fabrication on this. And lastly, helpers. I'd like them but not a necessity? I want them so that I can still use the truck as a truck. This truck will be driven daily but not very far. Roads are fair and I think being careful Ill be fine. Im old and dont drive fast anymore anyway! Oh, shocks. I dont know what McG sells. I hear different opinions on them but willing to listen to more. I have looked at truck after truck on here but if you have a cc share your pic again. Help me make a choice. I pulled the money out today to do this so I will start ordering here in a week or so. Thanks is advance. Sorry for the long post just trying to make heads and tails of this all! Lifts are so much easier!