Static NBS Thread 99-07c

On mine

passenger side

I even grinded and smoothed the edges and put this edge trim on to make sure edges were soft..

well finally got a tire that agree with the truck 235-50-20 (30" tall on 20x8.5 rims) clears the rear fenders zero contact with the offset of these rims, and the front has not rubbed at all on turn in's or out's or bumps / dips (yeeh)

now I need to decide either drop the front 1" or raise the back 1" to level the truck not many notice it but its really annoying to me since the rake is backwards :bawl::puke:

right now I have 16" from center of the rim to the fender lip in the front and 15 1/8" rear, is 1 more inch opening a can of worms in the front?

its either cut the front springs a little or lower the rear hangers to raise the rear? Thinking it be easier to lower the rear hangers but might look better with the front a little lower.........

DSC08158_zpsdb92841a.jpg

Last edited:
i believe a quarter turn of a coil

thats why i'm leaning on doing the back i'd hate to go true all the trouble and find out I cut to much or not enough....... that would suck LoL

can the coils be removed by just taking out the 2 lower control arm bolts? I'd hate to cut up the ball joint boots

Last edited:
Well, you can research to be sure. There have been plenty of people who have trimmed springs. Mine came trimmed on a trade to compensate for the "chevy lean".

I might try temperately clamping the front springs to bring the truck down the 1 inch i'm looking for to see if I run in to problems with tires hitting or rubbing

well finally got a tire that agree with the truck 235-50-20 (30" tall on 20x8.5 rims) clears the rear fenders zero contact with the offset of these rims, and the front has not rubbed at all on turn in's or out's or bumps / dips (yeeh)

now I need to decide either drop the front 1" or raise the back 1" to level the truck not many notice it but its really annoying to me since the rake is backwards :bawl::puke:

right now I have 16" from center of the rim to the fender lip in the front and 15 1/8" rear, is 1 more inch opening a can of worms in the front?

its either cut the front springs a little or lower the rear hangers to raise the rear? Thinking it be easier to lower the rear hangers but might look better with the front a little lower.........

DSC08158_zpsdb92841a.jpg

Definitely bring the front down imo.

well I ran out and picked up a loaner spring compressor and it was a job I only removed the shock was able to compress the spring enough to move it so i could cut it and put in back in place whoo hoo! :)

truck is near perfect now 2 lips are at 15 1/8" one is 15" and one 15 1/4" i'll take it! look so much better (I think) I was going crazy with the backwards rake before!

for any one who it might help on my stock springs to get about 1" I cut 6" of coil off measuring from the out side, as Jared stated about 1/4 of a ring (thanks Jared)

i'll get better pics after its washed.......i'm off to sleep!

I think the final numbers would be 4.5/6.5 drop at 15" correct?

DSC08164_zps4c7f4ca4.jpg

Last edited:
yeah going color match it when I get the tailgate and roll pan painted, thats going to be after I get the my other lq4/turbo in

head lights are tinted not covers they look horrible from moisture getting in with out it been keeping my eyes on CL to fine a better set......