Static NBS Thread 99-07c

yeah you can trim them, but I was too lazy, rather spend $25 and buy online, but that is an option for sure

I am referring to fronts by the way, not rear, rear I put pancake bumpstops on that we trimmed from my BT kit

link to yours?
Ive never bottomed out not running them though

instead of making a new topic I just thought I'd post this here

Since I installed a western chassis flip kit I have a problem not sure what it is? when changing gears "or" taking off aggressive i get a bang/ pop sound cant figure it out??? I talked to WC they sent me 6 degree shims they really didnt help either

heres a video sorry its upside down

Finally got around to checking the angles of the drive line and yup all screwed up

axle 5.8*
drive shaft 5.9*
transmission 13.5*

transmission being the highest point (drive shaft slopes down)

this is with a 6* shim installed thick side facing the rear of the truck, how much difference should I be shooting for (minimum/maximum) I guess whats an except able range of difference?

Last edited:
he's measuring the driveshaft as well. as far as im aware when it comes to pinion angle, you want the ends to be equal but opposite. so if one was pointing up 5* then youd ant the other to be pointing down 5*. I may be wrong but 13* up on the tranny sounds like you measured something wrong imo? you should only be measuring the trans and rear end and setting the rear end to equal and opp of the trans more than likely. l

I may be wrong but 13* up on the tranny sounds like you measured something wrong imo?

yeah I think something is wrong with that, from what I read "if" the angles was off that much I should have a ton of vibrations witch I really dont have, maybe the axle rotated or something when I lifted it from the center? I'm going to try it again and see what I get

ok took measurements again making sure the rear end didn't move, transmission is 7 degree's down rear end is 0.2 degree's down (that's with 6 degree shims) so i'm thinking the trans needs to be shimmed?

Can anyone give me tips on fixing a couple things. I have a 5/8 drop and driver side is lower by about an inch.
Also tips on a mini tub. How to do it and what to use. Thanks.

Can anyone give me tips on fixing a couple things. I have a 5/8 drop and driver side is lower by about an inch.
Also tips on a mini tub. How to do it and what to use. Thanks.

u can either cut ur pass side or slap in a coil spring spacer if its a NBS 2wd. grinder and safety glasses for mini tubbing