Samuels 05 sierra crewcab build

I had one. It's not mine,but you do get what you pay for.

The differences shred is the edge can display 8 parameters vs 4, much better build quality and can be customized much more. It doesn't freeze or the screen don't crap out on a hot day. I can view all my injector balance rates,along with any accessories I would like to add, egt,oil,camera,turbo timer,etc.

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

And so can the NEW watchdog with the updated firmware.
Its slightly different hardware wise, but software wise/interface its very much different. For 139 if i dont like it later ill buy something better but for now itll do. Already ordered a Bullydog poly case for it to protect from heat.

Looks like fun stuff you got delivered, definitely smooth out that tbss intake they look badass all smoothed out, debated doing that to mine too.

I see you got heads that are shaved, what compression ratio will that make with your engine. and do you have dished pistons?

:fp: 799/243 heads have bigger chambers than 706 or 862s (OEM on 4.8/5.3)....so if u shave .030 of 799/243s u get close to the same chamber size.

799/243 heads have larger combustion chambers like already said above.
these come off flat top piston motors.

To make these work the swap on a dished piston 5.3 like mine you mill them. Mine are .032 Im going to run a stock gasket.
This will put me at around 9.9 which is a cunt hair above factory compression. I could run cometic thin gaskets and bump up compression but i was not spending 200+ on a unreliable gaskets when stockers are 45 bucks.
With the work done to these heads they should help me out a damn good bit on top end to flow this bigger cam.

summit delivered again!

stock head bolts

comp turnion upgrade

stock ls1/ls6 gaskets

still waiting on watchdog, traction bars, and other misc shit to come in.
Just ordered a new pioneer app radio. anyone have one?

NNBS 4.8 and 5.3s both come with flat tops now too. Used to be 4.8 and L33 would get them only...then Gen IV got all flat tops with 243s or 799s.

yes sir you are correct.
However 14+ theres no longer the 4.late

But yes for use on a lq4, or iron block 5.3 with dished pistons you need to mill.

317s are like 70cc and 243 are 64cc.....big ass jump from one to the other :datass:

IIRC word is 243s and 317s flow very much the same just smaller chamber?

ISO lq4 at the moment. if i can find a short block i may slap all parts on it and just motor swap lolz

Idk what ISO means there, but YES please do it! For your own sake with a heavy ass CC!

317s are like 70cc and 243 are 64cc.....big ass jump from one to the other :datass:

IIRC word is 243s and 317s flow very much the same just smaller chamber?

Yeah I think they were supposed to be identical runner/port designs, just more cc on 317 (I think it was 72cc). I hand ported one of my old sets of 317s to match a set of basic cnc'ed 243's I had. Turned out pretty damn good but took me countless hours/days of patience, holy shit....

ISO "In search of"

I will get a 6L one day. Everything i have invested will work good with a 6L except id run a bigger cam.
I couldnt swing the cash for the block at the time so i went ahead to built the 5.3.

I got to finish my motor for my civic and swap it then ill see about getting a 6 liter.

Not going to lie dave, i know nothing about 317 heads.

ISO "In search of"

I will get a 6L one day. Everything i have invested will work good with a 6L except id run a bigger cam.
I couldnt swing the cash for the block at the time so i went ahead to built the 5.3.

I got to finish my motor for my civic and swap it then ill see about getting a 6 liter.

Not going to lie dave, i know nothing about 317 heads.

Yeah budgets are always in the way, haha.
I got lucky and picked up my last lq9 for $750 out of a burned escalade with 55k mi.
Can't wait until eventually we can start finding 6.2's in junked vehicles for prices like that!! :bebored:

Is the civic your DD or just another project (aren't they all!)?

Yeah budgets are always in the way, haha.
I got lucky and picked up my last lq9 for $750 out of a burned escalade with 55k mi.
Can't wait until eventually we can start finding 6.2's in junked vehicles for prices like that!! :bebored:

Is the civic your DD or just another project (aren't they all!)?

Bought civic as a DD worse mistake ever once I noticed it had a bigger aftermarket world than my gmc. Lmfao buddy wrecked his civic I got basically 4000 bucks worth of performance shit including motor and tranny. And suspension parts for like 1500.
So it's a slow project but it handles Fucking beutiful on a dime. Just need to put this new motor in

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Oh nice. Do they happen to do much scca solo or rallycross where you are? Best use for a civic IMO, low cost and low consequence, but super high level of fun. I bet you'd sell your truck in a heartbeat if you ever got addicted to that.