Samuels 05 sierra crewcab build

Oh nice. Do they happen to do much scca solo or rallycross where you are? Best use for a civic IMO, low cost and low consequence, but super high level of fun. I bet you'd sell your truck in a heartbeat if you ever got addicted to that.

Unfortunately no man. The import scene is small here. And I love imports.

I'm just gonna set this car up with this good motor setup I have and bad ass suspension and call it quits until my buddy finishes his shop I can get body and paint done by him. I love this car just Needa a little more power and body work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Yeah I'd like to have a set of milled heads and bump up to 9.9 compression, but I had thought I read that milling them may run into piston to valve clearance issues. Saw a pull truck ford engine that destroyed itself from the valves hitting the pistons, do not want ever, it was nasty when it came apart!

Where do you guys find cheap heads, cause I don't wanna spend a grand on heads, just get a set and swap my springs on and go lol

Yeah I'd like to have a set of milled heads and bump up to 9.9 compression, but I had thought I read that milling them may run into piston to valve clearance issues. Saw a pull truck ford engine that destroyed itself from the valves hitting the pistons, do not want ever, it was nasty when it came apart!

Where do you guys find cheap heads, cause I don't wanna spend a grand on heads, just get a set and swap my springs on and go lol

Since all new nnbs truck come with them mainly junk yards. Idiots that run them don't know the difference.. They sell them all at the same price. Shit my buddy bought some 799s last week for 100 bucks.

I paid 600 for mine but they were worked heads with prc springs.

So older 4.8's don't come with the 243's right? I know they all came with flat tops but don't know what heads they came with. The NNBS 4.8's came with 243's and the tbss style intake right? That's what gave them the power boost. Sorry to clutter up your thread but it's semi on topic.

If you love imports, pull the 5.3 install 6.0 in truck then find old nissian 240/300 and a t56 and stab that shit in there. That's what I wanna do haha

Sent from my potato

So older 4.8's don't come with the 243's right? I know they all came with flat tops but don't know what heads they came with. The NNBS 4.8's came with 243's and the tbss style intake right? That's what gave them the power boost. Sorry to clutter up your thread but it's semi on topic.

If you love imports, pull the 5.3 install 6.0 in truck then find old nissian 240/300 and a t56 and stab that shit in there. That's what I wanna do haha

Sent from my potato

correct to both questions

Update:
shitty pictures but here is some progress. got bored after work today so i decided to start ripping shit off and getting ready. looks like me and my buddy are going to swap is all over saturday. So tonight was tear down. Tom ill tear down some more and remove headers, friday night going make a run and pick up some specialty tools from buddies and clean under hear while its torn apart.

Dat factory feature, service engine mode

radiator, accy bracket, manifold, valve covers and coils, rockers, all removed

stock junk w/o rockers

went ahead and pulled rockers to remove the old bearings for the new Comp trunion upgrade

removed bearings and arm

Comp says you need a press. For those DIY i learned this method from a friend. went super easy and quick.

Use a 7/8 socket as the receiver, and a 1/2 inch socket and the pusher. Just make sure its all center before turning vise. They'll slide right out.

So nothing really left to to get out the way except headers which are already unbolted, Main this is cleaning up under here while i have the room to do so.

Last edited:
:datass: those hoses and harness are annoying, right on top of the heads where u wann work..lol

LMK when ur ready to ship those springs...I'll pp money.

:datass: those hoses and harness are annoying, right on top of the heads where u wann work..lol

LMK when ur ready to ship those springs...I'll pp money.

Yep, ima run to wally world tonight pick up all fluids i need, and some bungie cords to strap all that shit out my way.
Im unsure if im going to school tonight yet so thatll determine if i work in any on it tonight.

I should have the springs off cleaned and ready to ship Sunday.

are u gonna have a spare set of retainers left over? KW to get some so I can fully assemble these heads before slapping on. Could buy from you if you will.

Haha I hate that valley crud! Make sure you check and clean out, then rtv the hell out of your knock sensors.

I've used that exact same method for the trunnion swap.

Included will be all hardware.
stem seals, retainers, springs.

My BTR kit came with all that so im going to change it all even though it only has 500 miles.

Well cam is in
heads on
and manifold

I. Blew my car up this weekend too. Slung a rod though the block. So also motor swapped it... Few minor things to finish that also.

YES! I already had truck torn apart. Then car blew the motor so i had nothing.
I was about to put truck back together but 4 trusty friends of mine came over to assist. They did the truck while me and a buddy motor swapped car satuday.
Sunday I focused on the truck and got it finished up i drove it today tow ork.
I should have my car finished up sometime this week.

Just crazy, my shop is a total shit storm at the moment