RCSB Derpamax Build

bu7uqary.jpg

4ybeja4y.jpg

Is seems so tiny lol

awesome! Looks like a there is a ton of body work coming! I was almost at the point of giving up on this thread.

My plan is to get the trans, front diff, transfer case, fuel tank, front a rear driveshaft in next week. I can set the bed on too but there is a little dent bent the back glass on the passenger side I want to pull out. Then get the HD hood cut and fit, passenger fender on etc. I want to get it as close as I can but I'm going to have to start working my normal job again so I might have my girlfriends Dad do the bodywork and I'll do all the sanding. Then try to paint it myself on a free weekend.

I got new straight doors for both side for 80 bucks a piece and they have the door switches, power windows/motors, etc already in them so it will be easier hopefully to switch that over.

That bike build took all my projects and put them on the backburner..... but I guess I can't complain since I made a decent amount of money doing it.

It'll get done one way or another.

Only thing that pissed me off is they didn't sandblast the frame like I asked them to before they swapped everything over.

Last edited:
My plan is to get the trans, front diff, transfer case, fuel tank, front a rear driveshaft in next week. I can set the bed on too but there is a little dent bent the back glass on the passenger side I want to pull out. Then get the HD hood cut and fit, passenger fender on etc. I want to get it as close as I can but I'm going to have to start working my normal job again so I might have my girlfriends Dad do the bodywork and I'll do all the sanding. Then try to paint it myself on a free weekend.

I got new straight doors for both side for 80 bucks a piece and they have the door switches, power windows/motors, etc already in them so it will be easier hopefully to switch that over.

That bike build took all my projects and put them on the backburner..... but I guess I can't complain since I made a decent amount of money doing it.

It'll get done one way or another.

Only thing that pissed me off is they didn't sandblast the frame like I asked them to before they swapped everything over.

U replacing them or just putting the original parts back in?

Haha don't get me started.....original parts..... I've made about 10 calls to Dave Goerend where I actually talked to him because he is partnering up with a shop here in MN about 20 minutes from me to start building transmissions. He was supposed to come up in January, then Feb.... then for sure the first two weeks of March to build my Allison with an ML-G converter and a stage V kit..... but that guy is harder to hold to a date and promise than anyone I've ever met, and that's if you can even get ahold of him. That doesn't include the tons of calls I made to Mike L. to get him to release an ML-G converter to me because Dave is the one that builds them and Dave won't sell then to anyone but Mike. He was also going to to a 47re for my buddy's 1200hp p-pumped 12 valve he's building too but whatever. When he gets up here hopefully the RCSB is done and I'll just drive it down there and it can be his problem, even though it would have been 10x easier with the trans already out. I even offered to drive to Iowa with the trans but he said he was too busy down there too. The shops that build Allisons around here disappoint me, they shift like garbage. I've been in a few trucks with Mike L transmissions and they are so smooth I couldn't believe it.

You'd think if someone was ready to hand you 10k worth of trans work, and he had to come up here anyways it wouldn't take 3 months to make good on it.

I did the pump rub upgrade on the Transfer case, and all new fluids everywhere so it will be fine... especially in a 5-5.5k pound truck.

Might just put the built trans in the crew and turn the wick up since its already got the 68mm.

Last edited:
It may but maybe not. Im not selling it for anything under 50 and that's a ridiculous price.

50? Hell, I've got $200 I'll give you for it, plus I'll even throw in some cookies

:cheeky:

Looking forward to the rcsb progress pics.

U talk to Tony at Dirty Hooker Diesel? He is one of the best tranny builders in that area. A bit of a drive but closer than Iowa... I think.

U talk to Tony at Dirty Hooker Diesel? He is one of the best tranny builders in that area. A bit of a drive but closer than Iowa... I think.

Nope I haven't. Was kinda set on Goerend but it's going to have to wait now.

I got the SDP EGR delete, downpipe, trans, transfer case, front diff, driveshafts, cv's all in on Thursday also took the trashed hood off. Friday I ran all the wiring back to where it needed to be and the fuel tank bolted right up, it would have been running but I decided to do the water pump. Napa couldn't get one until Monday and a need a 1/2 to 3/4" adapter because I broke a 1/2 breaker bar trying to untighten the harmonic balancer bolt. TQ spec on that fucker is 225 ft lbs + another 105*

Yikes.

Here's some pictures:

20130405_104445_zps4d27f456.jpg

20130405_131548_zps5538a661.jpg

20130405_131630_zps2dc52e5a.jpg

waterpump

1365187408742_zps228c67d9.jpg

Putting the flywheel bolts back in

20130405_104432_zpsa94e78d7.jpg

SUper clean LBZ at the dealer I want lol

2006, 72k miles

20130402_113907_zps29af0502.jpg