official aSSmeister build

That's got to be it.
full console = rear vents
jump seat = no vents

this is it. all trucks with a factory console had rear vents, jump seats obv didn't. All suv's had roof vents in the rear so they didn't have console vents.

Greg as far as that dash piece goes, I just put my airbag switch on auto and tucked it behind the dash and put in a cubby.

don't mind cb and camo steering wheel cover :hidesbehindsofa:

20140221_175924_zpsflwjk44a.jpg

Did some shit today after the mini NJ show. Was gonna paint engine bay stuff but wasn't sure if I wanted to smooth all or not. So I did a test piece on something small. No sand, adhesion promoter, paint, gloss clear.
Painted vs dressed
a3y9y7yr.jpg

Texture
ypere9uh.jpg

It's alright but I'd prefer the pain in the fuck smooth. So I dressed the rest for now.
jubeseby.jpg

Finally grew a sack and painted the bowtie. Aimed for black with silver outline, but once I got the silver down I kinda liked It. Thought of how much a pain taping off the outline would be for me so I kept silver and cleared over
8y4ahuma.jpg

he3y4abe.jpg

While waiting for paint layers I wiped down all the interior. And relocated my fgt ipod chord from hanging on the side of the console passenger side, so right out the bottom. Was gonna cut a whole in the bottom pocket, but DNW to cut console if I may be selling it. So, it's better for now.
9a8ypape.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S-Fawhore

Looks good dude. I vote just keep dressing on the engine bay stuff, never been much of a fan of paint in the engine bay except for maybe the engine cover/cold air tube

I'd like to just do engine cover black w/ the silver top lines and right fins, black intake tube, black fuse box & cover, and maybe black tank caps

Looks good dude. I vote just keep dressing on the engine bay stuff, never been much of a fan of paint in the engine bay except for maybe the engine cover/cold air tube
this, 04 cover was painted, wanted to do the fuse box cover but never did and I think that was probably for the best. If you do paint I say just do black with silver lettering like stock just painted or silver with black lettering

It's not gonna be a whole lot different looking, just smooth and shiny lol I like the extra flare I guess. Takes away stockness

Ohhh I gotcha. For some reason I was thinking you were thinking about doing shit silver. Smooth black would look good, and like you said silver on the engine cover fins and stuff.

That's why I did mine, just to add something to an otherwise stock engine bay. I also pulled the firewall insulation out, I can't tell what kind of shape yours is in but mine was all nasty looking so I just pulled it, didn't notice any extra heat from yanking it out.

Here's a couple pics just for an idea
20130806_231708_zpsb7248a40.jpg

20130807_175227_zps3bf7668e.jpg

Ohhh I gotcha. For some reason I was thinking you were thinking about doing shit silver.

I'd like to just do engine cover black w/ the silver top lines and right fins, black intake tube, black fuse box & cover, and maybe black tank caps

:bishplz: Ahah, I just need to get some sandpaper and time. Maybe I'll try again in a couple weeks

That's why I did mine, just to add something to an otherwise stock engine bay. I also pulled the firewall insulation out, I can't tell what kind of shape yours is in but mine was all nasty looking so I just pulled it, didn't notice any extra heat from yanking it out.

Here's a couple pics just for an idea
20130806_231708_zpsb7248a40.jpg

20130807_175227_zps3bf7668e.jpg

Mines not bad, but the cover looks good. I don't need perfect glass smooth, I even like that little texture. What was your sanding like

cant remember grit, think I started with 80 to get the ridges our of the vortec then 220 everywhere, I used a little square electric sander. For the lettering I painted the entire thing black let it dry, taped off the logo and lightly sanded the tape and only pulled off what covered the swooshes and lettering. Little advice don't let to much heat get built up it will melt the plastic and take longer to make it look right than it did to fuck it up

Thanks Tyler, I will keep in mind!

i drilled a hole in the back of the cubby just big enough to fit the cord through. not that i use it anymore blue tooth headunit FTW

I was gonna cut a vertical slot in the corner just big enough, that way the chord wouldn't fall back through. I have Bluetooth too but never messed with it, maybe I will try.

Also, I have a few hours between work today. Thinking of pulling the hitch and painting it since the receiver is a horrible rust look. Go black just for now.. Or silver which it eventually will be when I get the suspension parts powdered