official aSSmeister build

So ya, bought the preds today. I regretted it the whole ride home, but maybe that'll change. I know there was some peeling on the inside of the spokes, but the owner said they've been sitting in the shed for a little while and when he pulled them out it was a lot worse than it used to be. Hell, he's had em for sale for 13 months.

The faces are alright, slightly tarnished but it should come out. The lips are eh, not horrible, but slight pitting on a couple wheels in a few spots. The spoke insides are flaking. But the worst part is the back barrel. They're reall bad with pitting and flaking.

y4u2une7.jpg

y3ugaqus.jpg

ranara2a.jpg

4u5ure8e.jpg

urema8uh.jpg

pynese7e.jpg

ese5a9eg.jpg

5yqu4upu.jpg

Lol
ytadaqy6.jpg

I'm not so sure what my options are here. I don't need em perfect, but just want em not as trashy looking. Hopefully do something by hand would be enough. Maybe steel wool the barrels just to get the shit off, clip off and fade the flakes, try and polish up the face and lip. Don't really want to have to sandblast and powder coat..

Edit. Oh yeah, and only paid $250 for em

Sent from my Galaxy S-Fawhore

as long as you can clean them up, I'd say you got them for a steal. those barrels are why I wont run anything besides stocks or black in the winter, even though we only get our roads salted 4 or 5 times per winter.

My SS reps look like that on the barrels. Pisses me off I even got them honestly. $250 ain't bad if you can clean them up.

Dat salt air/salt on roads. Everything thing metal at the shore turns to shit.

On the positive side you can sell me your SS wheels

:cheeky:

as long as you can clean them up, I'd say you got them for a steal. those barrels are why I wont run anything besides stocks or black in the winter, even though we only get our roads salted 4 or 5 times per winter.

Bishplz, Tejas has it easy lol

My SS reps look like that on the barrels. Pisses me off I even got them honestly. $250 ain't bad if you can clean them up.

Damn, did you ever try to clean em up?

Dat salt air/salt on roads. Everything thing metal at the shore turns to shit.

On the positive side you can sell me your SS wheels

:cheeky:

:word: fuck every form of salt. But Nawh I'll be holding onto the stockers loll nice try

I know it's not easy, but bud did do it with wheels much worse. Have them un-chromed, then polish the faces and powder the backs is what I would do. Or possibly have them powdered chrome or silver or something. I don't know what kinda look you're going for, even gunmetal grey would look good

I wanna go cheapest possible.. So first I'll try the hand stuff and see how that comes out. If not then I'll look into sandblasting and having them powdered, depending on the price

need to fix my fucking handles. since i got the preds, i shot for eskys. on GMPD they're ~$130 total ordered separately..or there's a 'handles pack' which included both for $81....logic..

then figured while the door panels are off, might as well upgrade interior handles. Dorman chrome int handles are only ~$35 shipped from RockAuto, score af. will probably order both tomorrow when i double check it all