official aSSmeister build

Parkway = 65mph posted 75mph to not get run over.

Ditch the timkens and head to napa.

Nah, stick with Timkens. Napa hubs are junk, had to put 3 sets on a buddys truck within 3 months. Tried advance's brand also, still junk.

With your hubs having that much play in them, it actually helps, not hurts. Lemme get technical for a minute here.

You see, with all of that play in the hub, it allows the wheel to move in such a way so that is has less resistance and friction on it as compared to a "normal" hub. This results in lower rolling resistance which helps to increase efficiency, therefore netting you some extra mpg's. Typically, hubs like this only exist in high-end racecars (i.e. Nascar, F1, etc) but occasionally a rare phenomenon will occur with our standard hubs. It is called "Notzo-Tite," as it was the German's who first invented the hub. If you really do replace the hub, you could easily sell it on eBay for $10k, no questions asked. The fact that this happened shouldn't alarm you at all. I would drive that truck on a cross country trip like that with 100% faith in it, so you will be just fine for your short trip coming up.

If you want to get into the engineering side of it, shoot me a pm or a text. I'm always willing to pass along some knowledge to fellow enthusiast. :shake:

:blackkidooo:

Like I said any w/lifetime warranty would be a good choice and get him back on the road the fastest.
Time not an issue, timkens all day

Hubs done today.
anahejaq.jpg

Ya know, I think she looks better up in the air ;)
quge3y3u.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S-Fawhore

Cringe every time I see how bad things rust up north :/......Although I'd try and sway you to lower it and add performance I can't argue with how sexy that one lifted SS is

lifted 4wd SS would be so badass :pimp:

AWD* :bishplz:

Cringe every time I see how bad things rust up north :/......Although I'd try and sway you to lower it and add performance I can't argue with how sexy that one lifted SS is

And this isn't even rusty, just normal :okay: I'd like to actually get my own place somewhat soon so for now I will just drop the rear 1 or 2" and add performance.. Then maybe down the road if I still have it and run into some good money.. Upity it'll go! A performance truck will not stop my obsession for lifted ones :yarly:

Thanks Smith! :shake:

Still vote 3/5 or 4/6 and bolt ons, is the Sierra sold yet? If not just keep it and lift that

Lol could never do that, I hate being low. And the AWD doesn't like it's geometry changed at all. I see a lot of 2/4 ss's but that's it usually I think

Sierra isn't sold, but after driving in 03+ no way can I go back to 99-02. So much better. Plus I just want to get rid of it already. It stuck around way too long lol

If you ever lift it, this is the only acceptable one to model it after :crossarms:

Haha word.
usydateq.jpg

He said all he needed was a custom driveline to go up i believe

Yeah it should be very similar to lifting a 4wd as far as I know.

Been trying to find that truck, because the photographer is local to my area lol. I'd drool so bad if I saw it.

Level the front on baby tires? :nono: at least leveling the back is cheaper, easier, and no added expense. Just do that till you need tires, then lift/level it :imo:

Word. Don't want to drop 4000 on lift, tires, wheels and installs right now. Not a very smart decision imo. Would like to get more situated first. Then maybe in a year or two I'll start getting info on it

Edit. Or straight trade it for an nbs crew. Idfk, this debate has mind fucked me ever since I got it

Last edited: