My first truck! 04 Chevro...no wait...yes...no...wait..

No yes and yes lol. I like how it sits now with less than an inch of lean. Definitely looking forward to getting the mirrors done. And dfw at2's but I'd get different rims lol.

And thanks lol :shake:

Naw man keep rims IMO this is 285/50 on preds

398b95cec898d92725ab7d7de8b4d3cc.jpg

3ff1a133591f74c94a0b07b365869dce.jpg

Sent from Tapashit

No yes and yes lol. I like how it sits now with less than an inch of lean. Definitely looking forward to getting the mirrors done. And dfw at2's but I'd get different rims lol.

And thanks lol :shake:

MT's much better :boobs:

a 1.5" BL, and NNBS block instead of stock 2" block. Would sit perfect. Or lift it!! I bought my 6" RCX NTD Saturday :datass:

gonna start looking more at gears. truck is too much of a slug until it drops a gear and goes WOT and makes me damn near shit my pants in fear of blowing transmission. From what I've been hearing from others and based on the write-up below, I'm thinking about 4.56 most likely or possibly 4.30 incase I ever lower the truck. of course I'll be going with a truetrac diff. I called to check if this would be covered under my warranty and shitty luck wins again. They will only cover OE replacements done by a shop. So I guess this will be all out of pocket :okay:

gear thread http://customgm.com/powertrain-driveline-tech-issues/862-gearing-you.html

give me your suggestions on where to shop and of course your input on the potential gears

Rons Machine Service for gears. Get a master install kit so you get all the bearings and parts you need.

4.56 or bust

or maybe 4.10/4.11? looks like 4.10/11 would be good for more highway driving and better mpg but a higher ratio (4.30 or 4.56) would be better in town and better performance gains but less mpg. Looks like a lower ratio wouldn't be much of a difference from my 3.73's.

after more reading, it seems I really need to get a tune and reduce tm before I can truely decide on gears. At this point, I would not go with a tune like bbp so bbp leg humpers need not comment on tuning. My friend has a brand new hyptertech he is going to sell me for 200 and that should do enough for now so I can get a little more out of the truck.

Rons Machine Service for gears. Get a master install kit so you get all the bearings and parts you need.

4.56 or bust

This. If you google gear/rpm chart, you'll see there's only a 2-300ish RPM difference between 4.10 and 4.56 so hwy mpgs shouldn't be affected too bad as long as you're not running 90+ all the time. Plus the 4.56 will give you much better mechanical advantage, city MPGs, and more fun. 3.73 to 4.10 is not enough of a change to justify the cost.

But yes, definitely try the tune and reduce TM first. Idk about a hypertech but I could tell a difference with my Diablo tuner. My truck had 3.42s and 33s and it wasn't too terrible at all after the tune

US Standard gears have a good following as well, plenty of guys over on pt.net that run them with no issues.

Is this something I could do? I remember my brother did the rear on his 97 z71 but I don't remember how difficult it was. Or is this something I should just pay a pro to do? For the most part, I do my own repairs/work.