My first truck! 04 Chevro...no wait...yes...no...wait..

finally got a break in the rain so started on the uca's. also started cleaning the frame. this was under the gunk...

QBTrHVu.jpg

more updates laterrr

Power washer at worktakes that funk off like nothing. Took my frame to bare metal in a few spots becuase I left it on there to long

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Finally got the driver side torn down after working on a seized caster bolt for ~6 hours that had to be cut off with a torch in the end. :ayfkm: I was able to get a little bit of frame work done and lay some Duplicolor undercarriage spray on the frame and fender wells. I'm hoping it will stay clear tomorrow so I can finish the paint/undercarriage spray and get the new uca on. I have to go to the parts store and home depot in the morning then I will get back on it.

Here's how I far I got tonight. :nono:
BSh60Ij.jpg

Thanks man. I agree. It will look much better when I get new rotors and shocks (hopefully later this year).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I got the driver side finished up this morning and started tear down on the passenger side but didn't get far before I decided to take a break and get some food.

Left side all done

cqcjjMU.jpg

undercarriage spray on the frame and fender wells

AyXQzso.jpg

starting on the other side :okay:

d98jSzu.jpg

caster bolts were frozen inside the bushings and it couldn't be aligned. I didn't want to fuck with just replacing the bushings and the old uca's were pretty rough anyway so I just went ahead and got the whole shindig.

So I soaked the camber bolts on the right uca before I went to lunch then sprayed them again about 20 minutes later when I got home and came back about 5 minutes later and the fuckers came right out whereas the other side took about 6 hours, a stroke, and a long-legged pissed off Puerto Rican. Then I started on the frame work and my damn angle grinder gave out so I went to exchange it and it started pouring as I pulled into the parking lot (with all my tools and shit still outside). Then the bitch at HF said she couldn't return the grinder because it was over 3 months ago. So now it's pouring rain, tools are soaked, and I still have a fucked grinder.

:rage:

UvYT7UO.jpg

aaaaaaaannnddd mother nature fucks me again

So I soaked the camber bolts on the right uca before I went to lunch then sprayed them again about 20 minutes later when I got home and came back about 5 minutes later and the fuckers came right out whereas the other side took about 6 hours, a stroke, and a long-legged pissed off Puerto Rican. Then I started on the frame work and my damn angle grinder gave out so I went to exchange it and it started pouring as I pulled into the parking lot (with all my tools and shit still outside). Then the bitch at HF said she couldn't return the grinder because it was over 3 months ago. So now it's pouring rain, tools are soaked, and I still have a fucked grinder.

:rage:

UvYT7UO.jpg

aaaaaaaannnddd mother nature fucks me again

That sucks bro. Im sitting at work off of Rosedale in ft worth. Stuck here because our sand trucks are stuck outside because of traffic. Getting paid to sit in a pickup in this rain so I can't complain.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

It stopped raining for a little while and just as soon as I started working on it again, the another fuckfest of rain rolled through. I may call it quits for the night. I'm getting a little aggravated because the longer this takes, the longer until I can take shit to get painted. Also, I'm tired of driving my mom's hoardburban.

finally finished the uca's. Going to get an alignment tomorrow morning then I'll start getting ready to take stuff to the painter :cheeky:

thanks brah. hoping to order toyo's soon so I can be baby flossin at the Shreveport meet with preds n all my colormatching done.

edit...

shit to do before Shreveport meet:

-33x12.50x20 toyos on the preds
-35% shield tint & 5% on back 3 (this is not as important as other 2 so it may not happen at this point)
-c/m grille moldings, bowtie, top valence, handles, mirror caps

:sneaky:

Last edited: