My first truck! 04 Chevro...no wait...yes...no...wait..

I got the smooth passenger and tailgate handles in today. Not expecting much tomorrow. BUT, Friday should bring the smooth driver handle, grille caps, new 6000k HID's, UCA's, caster/cam bolt kits, and possibly the vette servo.

I'm looking at this door handle and it looks like the pull bar can be removed, which would make it easier for the painter to get full coverage, AND if I decide I want eskies later, I can just swap the bars! no need for painting the esky handle! :happeh:

You have to grind the little pin/rivet on the inside that holds the "pull" in..then replace it with a small bolt.
Thats how I did mine and thats how I swap my esky pulls in.

This one has a pin on each side of the bar and a c-clip to hold the pin in place. Couldn't I just re-use the pin if I swap the bar? What is the reason for cutting it and replacing with a bolt?

20140612_101026_LLS_zpsnuqiize6.jpg

20140612_101053_LLS_zps1g1ironx.jpg

Since those are Depo aftermarkets it looks like you can. I think what Dakota was talking about is only on OEMs

Sent from TapaTwat

oh okay.

I got the 6000k bulbs in. much better. pics tonight.

OH, also got grille caps in. Just waiting on the driver side handle then it will all go to paint.

Last edited:
bulbs for now, trying to get them to send me new ballasts as well because I fucked up and turned the lights on when I only had one hid/ballast hooked up and the stock shit on the other side (this was with the old 8000k bulbs) so sometimes only one side turns on and the colors don't match

Nga just get rid of the cheap shit and get VVME

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using tapacrap

Your shifting was prolly spot on before the vette servo. Mine lags a little bit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using tapacrap