My first truck! 04 Chevro...no wait...yes...no...wait..

Lol dude I know you're young and probably don't have a ton of money to be spending on fuel but you can't expect good MPG out of a truck. Period. I commute 30 miles each way for work daily and drive to job walks and job sites. I avg 15mpg, just the way it is. Pay it, deal with it, accept it and move on. If you're modding to save mpg then a truck isn't for you or you're not to a place you should be modding yet.
Idk. I'd rather put miles on cheap all terrain tires and get better mpg and put the mts and chrome rims on for shows/meets/etc.

Lol my truck averages 12.8 mpg mostly freeway driving....

But Please leave the mirrors and handles how they are, and leave the billet grille, it looks great the way it is right now, just need better wheels

So much this. Do whatever makes you happeh. You've made it a clean looking truck though.

My 04 used to get 16-18 highway with 4.10s and 265s, if you want to try for good mileage, first change your driving habbits, 2nd get stock 17s and lightweight tires(I had p rated Goodyear AT/S) make sure truck is 100% best it can be. Even with my 285s on stocks I would get 15-16 no problem highway, about 13-14ish in town

I've definitely changed my driving style quite a bit over the past couple months imo. I still get in it every once in a while but I try to go easy on it most of the time. These stock 20s and 275s are quite a bit lighter than the preds and toyos but the welds and bfgs were fucking weightless compared to both other setups. But I think I'm getting around 20 on the highway. My avg is at 14.2 and it was around 12 for the first year and a half I owned the truck

Well it is his thread so.........

state-farm-3-am-savings-large-4.jpg

:cheeky:

For cereal tho, leave the mirrors and handles alone, paint the lower valance and bumper plastics in the rear and just drive it. The cable throttle body trucks never have gotten good mileage, and never will.

I enjoy what i drive so idgaf about mpg. Especially while gas is down.

But serious. I like it the way it sits. Continue with rear plastics but leave the mirrors imo

tapatalk sent via pos phern