My 95 OBS

Well got to work on the engine today and well uhm it appears the engine wasn't exactly cared for as well as the truck appeared.....(referring to PO)

got everything put on the engine (except a few things that'll go on when its in) lost daylight so we will drop it in tomorrow and button everything up and she should be done!

also thought it would be the best time to install my ground strap kit i bought! see as how one was basically almost fully cut in half

on to pics

took her over there last night

fixing to pull

Out

Fresh out of the crate

Build date

engine was sideways sorry

waiting for tomorrow to be dropped in.

welllll heres something NOONE wants to see (this sh!it was caked and crusted on) was a pain to clean the underside of the intake manifold.

Wow, no wonder it probably ran like shit. It'll feel like a brand new truck power-wise after its all done. Glad to see you keeping at it and not getting rid of it!

Wow, no wonder it probably ran like shit. It'll feel like a brand new truck power-wise after its all done. Glad to see you keeping at it and not getting rid of it!

Thanks bro! There were a couple of times when id walk out and see it just sitting there and i thought maybe it'd be best to sell it.....then as time went on parts started getting ordered and i thought fuck that i've done to much (imo) to it to just sell it! I can't wait to be back behind the wheel driving it!

Yeah definitely keep at it man. I'm sure you'd regret selling it. And honestly, it doesn't seem like it was super involved. Pulling a motor and swapping it is pretty straight forward.

Yeah definitely keep at it man. I'm sure you'd regret selling it. And honestly, it doesn't seem like it was super involved. Pulling a motor and swapping it is pretty straight forward.

Yeah I agree! Swapping the same engine isnt to hard but if i had more money, time and knowhow id find a lq9 and 4l80e and swap it in adn run a supercharger on it, thats my longterm goal for the truck its just how long itll be tile it happens.

When it comes down to it I personally feel a bit of sentiment value with the truck with what ive done to it (doesnt appear like much) OHC soon to be Esky console, stereo system led gauges all clear lights led tails, 5% tint etc, i know without a doubt even after the engine is put in i wouldnt get anything close to what ive put into it unfortunately.

The way I think of it is as long as the repair cost doesn't out weigh the value of the truck then it will get fixed. Throw some paint on those manifolds!

SHES DONE! (just needs a few tweaks, seems to hesitate and sputter similar to a misfire when i try to accelerate)
Regret not painting the manifolds......:\

Do work son!

Video of it running (no revving just smooth idle)

Last edited:
Congrats dude, I know it's nice to have a new heart in there

GOOD WORK man !!!

Thanks guys!

only a few things id rather have done but trying to get it done so i could have enough time to drive it around and break it in before the big trip i cant complain!

Sounds healthy. Would have sprayed the manifolds black or something, repaint the engine just a aluminum or silver color since red/blue/any other odd color wouldnt look right in there with the color of my truck.....