My 95 OBS

Did you unhook wire when you set timing, think it's brown.

Well we are going to try to attempt adjusting the timing again, bc we werent aware that a wire had to be detached (didnt really use the haynes/chilton manual i have) but ill have to find the wire and detach it and adjust it hopefully that fixes it!!!!! Thanks man!

So i have been putting miles on the truck getting it broke in and ready for the long trip ahead of me. Decided to snap a few pics today (truck is really dirty due to the quick moving snow we got last night)

Really not liking it being so dirty.........gotta wash it tomorrow

heres a couple videos i took for a before exhaust sound (will get after videos up after the weekend)

Last edited:
so this past week has been something else.

saturday jan 4th-got exhaust done. 3 inch to 2.5 inch pipe to muffler (cat deleted) dumped after axle

sunday jan 5th- sisters baby shower

monday jan 6th- truck went to shop to fix ac and check out sputter/hesitation problem. (mechanic said if the major componenets for ac need replaced it could get done in a day)

tuesday jan 7th truck still in shop bc shop was 2 guys short or only had 2 guys (no worries) couple fittings had to be replaced in order to charge the ac to find leak

wednesday jan 8th truck got fixed around 4-430 pm, mechanic said the sputtering/hesitation problem could be caused by the egr solonoid piece that the hose connecting to the egr valve connects to as well as has a electrical connection. Mechanic unplugged hose to egr valve (resulting in the engine light on (no biggie).
My sisters car got the scanner on it and without keeping it overnight and having longer to look at it he couldnt pinpoint the exact problem and tell me the exact part to replace, so we headed to bartlesville. Truck drove perfect no hesitation or anything with the egr valve hose disconnected.

thursday-friday- replaced the egr solonoid piece and reconnected the hose and it drove fine no sputter or hesitation. for the time being

saturday jan 11th, went out and had the truck running in the driveway for about 10 min. backed out of driveway and turned it around and backed it in. I got out my brother in law points and says trucks leaking oil. Sure enough a little puddle. End up finding oil leaking from the oil filter adapter that bolts to the block. (we had the worry when we got the gasket kit from the autoparts store. So we pulled it off took it to autozone and ended up getting a felpro set instead of the crappy dorman set oreilys sold me. Siliconed the sh!t out of it and no leaks!

Sunday jan 12th drove to florida stopping every 2 hrs for my sister to walk around and let her dogs out.
checked oil and oil filter adapter under the truck at each stop all was well. Still have the sputter/hesitation at slow and ease take offs......maybe egr related???

EDIT::: Not sure how active or how much this will be updated this week or the next couple weeks. Woke up to a message noone wants to wake up to. Get a message from a friends account on facebook reading "This is (name) (friends name)'s mom, we lost him yesterday"

Hard to wakeup to a message like that, and with me arriving in florida last night ill have to try and find a quick flight back to okc whenever i find out funeral arrangements. then a flight back down here.

When we stopped we ended up stopping in some open area for the dogs to run around and as we were leaving i couldnt NOT have a little fun
Doesnt look like much but mud was caked behind the bumpers

heres the exhaust clip. (its really not as choppy and poppy as it sounds in the video)

Last edited:
Wow, sounds like a busy few weeks you're having. Sorry to hear about your friend, that's always rough. Glad to hear everything is good with the truck.

Have always loved that color.

Sorry to hear about your friend. I know that that's a hard thing to take. Everything will get better slowly but surely.

Wow, sounds like a busy few weeks you're having. Sorry to hear about your friend, that's always rough. Glad to hear everything is good with the truck.

Yeah its been hectic, with trying to get the truck ready and now hearing about my friend, God works in mysterious ways, Thanks for the sentiment!

Have always loved that color.

Sorry to hear about your friend. I know that that's a hard thing to take. Everything will get better slowly but surely.

When i first got the truck i wasn't a diehard fan of the color but it grew on me bc of how unique it is. Ive seen a few trucks similar to mine only one that was identical. Thanks for the kind words, shocking how the saying "the good die young" always is true.

Looks good bud! How's it running?

Running good, and smooth, think somethings up with the egr bc with it connected the truck kinda sputters when i ease into the gas, when it was in the shop the guy unplugged it said the solenoid piece with electronic connector where the hose from the egr connects was bad, so i replaced the piece and it fixed it for a day, but with the egr unplugged there is no hesitation or sputter but it throws a check engine light. I wanna just delete it but i have to get it tuned out. Haven't had a chance to replace starter yet but no problems still runs smooth!

Yeah just delete that stuff when you get the chance. If the light doesn't bother you, just leave it unhooked til then.

Yeah just delete that stuff when you get the chance. If the light doesn't bother you, just leave it unhooked til then.

i would but im a worrier, and with the new engine id hate to have the light on and get used to it then something actually break and cause the light to come on and im thinking its just bc the egr when its something else......im weird

Well helping out my sister and brother in law a lot lately, wasn't expecting any sort of money coming my way, but they've given me some, So what do I do? Yes that's right order truck parts.

Ordered an under the seat downfiring sub box (can clearly distinguish how much quieter it is then a trunk box strapped to the seat) IMO its a nice little bump nothing to extreme anymore.

Also ordered some NNBS Silverado Door Badges and gm mark of excellence badges to put on the truck Also since i dont like the look of removing my license plate mount bracket on the bumper i ordered a silverado license plate has the same style letters as the nnbs badges black plate with silver letters (not protruding out)

Thinking about if i still have some money i may pull the trigger on 6k HIDs

pics when everything is here and put in/on

heres some recent pics