My 2011 GMC Crew Build (Bayou Betty)

ejy4ery3.jpg

8a4e6u3a.jpg

ury2umus.jpg

beduhy3e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Small update...

Bodywork on the welds in the bed to make sure the liner doesn't have any issues:

y2ydapun.jpg

ume2agy3.jpg

Her cranked up today and said she was running great! They are waiting on some tie rods from their machinist and the suspension will be complete. They should have some this afternoon and she will fully lay out. Might have pics tonight, if not tomorrow so I'm excited and might have a video...

Appointment Thursday for the liner and Friday the guy with the tailgate is doing one last clear and wetsand because he is anal and since it's black wants it to look super slick (not necessarily a bad thing)

So it looks like the gate will slightly hold me up a little, but she will def be on the ground tonight/tomorrow.

Hell yeah man! I know you got to be excited/stir crazy over there lol

You have no idea, the days are getting so much longer now that it's sooo close.

Might wait until Shreveport meet, fly up Sat and drive to Shreveport with the Dallas guys and chill, then head back down

Well Keith pulled some favors and the painter worked till midnight and finished the gate!

jeme6ena.jpg

uzu4epeb.jpg

He is picking up the tie rods early this morning and finishing the body work. She will be on the ground today and the liner tomorrow will be the last detail so she should be finished Thursday as long as there are no problems when he drives her to the liner place.

Last edited:
I love this truck. Probably one of my favorite build threads. I really want to check this out. Hopefully at meet, if not carry your ass to mom and dads and we can meet.

I love this truck. Probably one of my favorite build threads. I really want to check this out. Hopefully at meet, if not carry your ass to mom and dads and we can meet.

I'm still planning on making Shreveport but I won't know until right before, if not she will def make it down to the parents eventually as my dad likes to keep up with my build as well. We will def figure something out!

Oh my god how have I not seen this thread before.....went through the first few pages, came, changed pants...went through the next 20 pages.....im out of pants