Lifted 02 Sierra Z71

Gonna bring this to the top, I have quite a few things on order and hold for install.

Hd hood (now primered, needs paint)
Edge insight cs
nnbs escalade shifter
some more leds
and it needs a full paint correction bad

I want a escalade shifter

Sent from my Stealth Lookin iPhone using Tapaturd

What do you need the edge for?

I've needed to buy a code reader for a while now, because when I leave my truck idle for long times (like over 15 mins) The computer sets a code for random misfires because of the cam loping :lol:

Plus I want a trans temp gauge for when I tow.

I want a escalade shifter
I think it lists for like $115 from the dealer, but I got it for $90 because our dealer does Ag discounts when buying parts.

I've needed to buy a code reader for a while now, because when I leave my truck idle for long times (like over 15 mins) The computer sets a code for random misfires because of the cam loping :lol:

Plus I want a trans temp gauge for when I tow.

How big is the cam?

Sent from my potato

Check my sig lol \/

Comp 212/218 low lift, but I'm getting it retuned this weekend too, so maybe that will go away. But I read it happens now and then with just about all cammed ls

sorry dude was on tapshit

Fucking tapashit!! lol

But for real I got it when it became free because I thought it was going to be easier to post pictures from my phone, but they post super small, like phone screen sized on my desktop.

Got my Escalade shifter and a few other parts from my dealer yesterday.
7ahagada.jpg

Also ordered the nnbs usb adaptor and installed in my brothers truck
aza6e8yb.jpg

Looking for some ideas on my interior too. It's all stock now, with a leather wrapped grab handle and a dash mat lol. Was thinking about smoothing and painting some things gloss black, maybe wrap the door panel inserts in suede, and maybe dye or suede the headliner black.

Do people think black paint/suede and the charcoal interior will look good together?

Last edited:
Black and charcoal do look good together. The top half of my dash is black and the bottom half is charcoal. Doesn't look bad, except it all needs to be repainted :rofl: I'll take pics in a bit, I think I deleted them off of my phone.

Do like the shifter and usb port. Wanted to do the usb put never seen the backside of it and I don't want it for my headunit just want it for a charger. I say black suede/paint will look killer!

Black and charcoal do look good together. The top half of my dash is black and the bottom half is charcoal. Doesn't look bad, except it all needs to be repainted :rofl: I'll take pics in a bit, I think I deleted them off of my phone.

Do want some pics man!

And from what I found the tow/haul is the two white wires on the shifter. Gonna install it tomorrow morning.

James: the back of the usb port had a mini usb female connection. Darren actually asked me this morning about making a charger. But you have to take apart one and wire it in back there would be my guess.

Well i installed my escalade shifter, and wasn't happy with how it sat. Way to low, in park it covered the radio, and in drive it was at the bottom of the dash.
epyne7yp.jpg

gamyme9u.jpg

Park

tuzyma2u.jpg

Drive

5ugabeja.jpg

First :gasp:

Last edited:
Yeah that looks messed up haha. And sorry, I always forget to grab pics when it's in someone else's thread :rofl:

Don't worry guys i didn't leave it like that. That shifter was way too low.
After looking at my brothers '06 dmax, I noticed the shifter mechanism for 6 speed transmissions comes up higher when in park.

So my simple solution was to just bend the shifter a little so it would sit like a stock one.

depapuga.jpg

I used a cutoff wheel and put about an 1/8" gap in the space between the mounting screw and the rubber boot.

Then bent it closed with a crescent wrench, After a test fit it's pretty close to where the original shifter sat. I welded the gap with a mig welder and ground it down.

uhy2yzu3.jpg

I love the feel of this shifter, so much more ergonomic I think. Put my dash back together and the result is much closer to stock.

y8unype7.jpg

vazydy8u.jpg

To wire up tow/haul to my 99-02 i just cut off the nnbs plug and spliced the two white wires onto the white wires from the original plug. Both shifters have white wires and it doesnt seem to matter which way you hook them up.

Last edited: