Le slicksierra build thread

Not really sure what to do about my brake lines this is the second line that has been blown and I think I should replace them all. I can't find individual lines for sale but the stainless kits are expensive and include all the lines not really sure what to do

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I got nylon coated, pre-bent, OEM brake lines at local dealer. Replaced every brake line and it cost $63 in parts.

So it seems I need to choose between nylon coated and raw stainless. I wonder if I could paint the stainless ones to help ward off rust even better not sure what to do

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Call local dealer. Give them your vin and just get the nylon ones. That way u know it's an exact fit for your truck. The nylons will last longer than the OEM raw ones that lasted you 13+ years? You prob will never change them again whether u get raw, stainless, or nylon coated.

Took Kylie's advice got the nylon coated lines. Ordered yesterday came today from rock auto. 75 bucks not too bad. Just need a pipe bender and some brake fluid because I might as well flush the rest and fill with new. Thinking of filling with DOT4 for the higher boiling point

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pipe bender? They aren't pre-bent? Fts

They are pre bent for oem fit AND ease of shipping. What I mean by that it they are bent in the straight sections too. Each straight section has two pieces of tape that say bend straight between tape marks. So it seems they bent the straight sections to make them more compact and easier to ship

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk