Le slicksierra build thread

Hoping some guys can chime in and help me. My truck has had a misfire in the upper rpm range for sometime now, it's worse with regular fuel. It popped the p0300 code on my way back to school 2 weeks ago, pulled over cleared the code and it was fine for the rest of the 150 miles trip.

Now I have downloaded some plugins on my torque app which allows me to see the current and history of misfired on all cylinders and I have current random misfires on the whole left bank cylinders 2,4,6,8. They are not severe enough to effect drivability or pop a code put my torque app is still picking them up. After popping the hood am inspecting I noticed that on that bank there is a considerable amount of oil residue built up along the bottom side of the valve cover. Haven't pulled the plugs but could a bad valve cover gasket be dripping oil onto my plugs causing the slight miss on that whole bank? Considering its the whole bank and my fuel trims are still within spec I think I have ruled out air or fuel issues. Any thoughts?

Logged the o2 sensor voltage for that bank the readings matched the other bank so I don't think it's a bad o2 sensor. Just got back from a 30 mile highway run almost no recorded misses at all rpms but as soon as I got into town and started low speed crusing, and idiling and the misses came back on the left bank so confused

Update, unplugged the maf, no misfires detected but the truck just ran like shit, plugged the maf back in misfires were back on the scanner and truck ran like normal. Not sure if that means may mass airflow is bad or not

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alright fixed my idle and misfire issues with my truck. Turned out to be the old plugs had the gap blown way out. Last time I did plugs I didn't know there was a TSB on brining the gap in tighter to .040 and I gapped my 80 dollar delco iridiums to .060. A year later and there all fucked up so I replaced them with some NGK TR-5'S and some new JBA wires, cleaned the MAF and popped in an AEM Dry flow filter to replace the oiled one. Runs great now now misfires on the top end. Still has the slight idle miss but upon research thats normal for these trucks and its only at idle so IDGAF.

But now that I am home I have new issues. First is that my less than year old painted hood has a huge rock chip in it that I'm not sure how Im going to fix. its all the way down to primer. Not huge as in diameter but in depth. Would take a shit load of paint to fill. Second is that on my way home from school two days ago my bed rail caps literally flew off the truck.

So I am looking for suggestions on a good set of bed rail caps to buy. Stake holes covered and for an 8 foot bed. Any good experiences with a particular set guys?

So I scooped some oem flares for 60 bucks but need fasteners to put them on, not sure exactly what I need, any input?

3m double sided tape and push pins...Dorman should make em....probably find em at the "Help!" section at vatozone

Thanks myneer will do. Idk if I wanna try to paint them myself or take them to get painted. It's humid af here and I have no access to temp control environment but I wanna get them colormatched