Khaos' RCSB Thread

Cluster was super easy. Just solder one connection, runt he strips around the plastic thing, and done. And Everything will be painted silverbirch at once, so whenever we are ready for paint on the bed is when it all gets painted

Any chance you can make a write up on the cluster strip and hvac leds? I wanna jump on this soon but would like a good write up and lots of pictures first lol

Honestly, the cluster strip is way easier than using actual leds. In the conversion thread, second post, James Pate posted all the info needed for the strips. Where to tap in to for power, where to route the strip, etc. And Scotty's post above it shows disassembly and all those steps. The HVAC ones are a PITA lol. If I take it apart again soon I'll do a write up.

:word: james posted the ones he buys a few times in his thread. just some cheap strip off amazon with a fuck load of leds on it lol this seems much easier and way less risky than soldering each bulb, then getting fucking hot spots

edit.
Wanna adventure into the world of power locks and windows with me next? :cheeky:

ill volunteer as the test dummy :cheeky:

Suuuuuper easy on 99-02. 03+ is a PITA. You just need a BCM from a truck with those options and the associated wiring and panels and you're good to go.

Ive been researching today from what i gathered for 99-02 you don't need the BCM if you're gonna run you're switches custom wired without the factory wiring. But the advantage to factory wiring is being able to upgrade to power mirrors then eventually DL3's. But on the aftermarket side I found some pretty trick shit... like from a1 electric they have a replacement crank that only has two positions and that acts as a switch for power windows. So basically your stock crank is a switch lol just pull up slightly or push down slightly

But really I was thinking about getting some aftermarket power door locks from crutchfield then running OEM window regulators with an aftermarket harness and custom switches in the cubby hole then either mount a tweeter in the crank hole or get a plug for it. DNW to take apart dash and mess with all that

I'm white, not mexi :read: it went quick yesterday so I don't foresee any setbacks with the rest. The longest part will be taking the bed off and doing the underneath